A modern angel

HansV
Administrator

A modern angel

Post by HansV »

This weekend, the Cathedral of Saint John in Den Bosch in The Netherlands celebrates the completion of an extensive restoration. For a long time, parts of the exterior were hidden from sight by scaffolding. Now the glorious gothic architecture can be enjoyed again:
sintjan.jpg
Many sculptures on the flying buttresses had to be replaced. Just like in the past, the sculptors took some liberties:
Angel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

StuartR
Administrator

Re: A modern angel

Post by StuartR »

Have you posted this one day late?
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, it's real. The original sculptures show a sense of humour too: there are all kinds of monsters and animals amidst the more usual ones.
x570.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

HansV wrote:This weekend, the Cathedral of Saint John in Den Bosch in The Netherlands celebrates the completion of an extensive restoration. For a long time, parts of the exterior were hidden from sight by scaffolding. Now the glorious gothic architecture can be enjoyed again:
Hi Hans

Thanks for posting, the church looks great. Perhaps angels had a hot line to God before we knew about mobiles :smile:
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

steveh wrote:a hot line to God
Which reminds me of a joke... A Yorkshireman decides to do a world tour. First stop is Paris and in a dark corner of Notre Dame he sees a golden telephone. He asks a priest about it and is told it is a hot line to God but each call costs €100,000. Next is Rome and in St Peter's he spies another golden telephone, you know what he's told, it's a hotline to God and the cost of a call is €100,000. So it goes, in every major church in every city he visits he sees a golden phone and the cost of a call to God is whatever in local currency equates to €100,000.

On his return home he visits York Minster. Initially he can't find the golden phone but when he does he is astonished to be told that the cost of a call to God on this phone is only 10 pence. "How can this be? All over the world the cost of a hot line call to God is £10,000!" he cries. The priest looks at him calmly and says
Spoiler
"Ah but you're back in Yorkshire so it's only a local call now."
Ken

Bowlie
5StarLounger

Post by Bowlie »

stuck wrote:
steveh wrote:a hot line to God
Which reminds me of a joke... A Yorkshireman decides to do a world tour. First stop is Paris and in a dark corner of Notre Dame he sees a golden telephone. He asks a priest about it and is told it is a hot line to God but each call costs €100,000. Next is Rome and in St Peter's he spies another golden telephone, you know what he's told, it's a hotline to God and the cost of a call is €100,000. So it goes, in every major church in every city he visits he sees a golden phone and the cost of a call to God is whatever in local currency equates to €100,000.

On his return home he visits York Minster. Initially he can't find the golden phone but when he does he is astonished to be told that the cost of a call to God on this phone is only 10 pence. "How can this be? All over the world the cost of a hot line call to God is £10,000!" he cries. The priest looks at him calmly and says
Spoiler
"Ah but you're back in Yorkshire so it's only a local call now."
Ken
Great joke Ken!

Oh, btw I just happen to have £20,000 to invest. Would you convert it to €200,000 for me at your Yorkshire exchange rate for me? I'll even give you 20% as a commission :innocent:

Or is your comma misplaced? :cheers:

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Bowlie wrote:Oh, btw I just happen to have £20,000 to invest.
I'm sure I could help you out, all I need are your full bank acc. details. :evilgrin:
Or is your comma misplaced?
:blush:

Ken