Do you?

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Do you?

Post by Skitterbug »

Do you save your cartons/boxes that your electronic toys came in? I find that I have a hard time parting with any of them until the warranty period is up. But I also find that I forget to recycle them or don't want to so I have ended up with lots more cartons than I need. I must be a pack rat of cartons! Anyone else want to confess what s/he does with them? :grin:
Skitterbug :coffeetime:
A cup of coffee shared with a friend is happiness tasted and time well spent.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Do you?

Post by HansV »

I've kept the boxes that my computer / monitor came in, to use if I need to transport the computer. I throw away the packaging for other stuff.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Skitterbug wrote:I have ended up with lots more cartons than I need
You wouldn't believe the number of boxes there are in our garage.

On second thoughts given your confession you would!

Ken

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:Do you save your cartons/boxes that your electronic toys came in? I find that I have a hard time parting with any of them until the warranty period is up. But I also find that I forget to recycle them or don't want to so I have ended up with lots more cartons than I need. I must be a pack rat of cartons! Anyone else want to confess what s/he does with them? :grin:
I'll usually keep the boxes they came in for a week or so, until I'm satisfied that they are working OK, then out to the recycle bin they go.
Some stores or even manufacturers require the original boxes, etc., if you need to return the product.
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

stuck wrote:You wouldn't believe the number of boxes there are in our garage.
On second thoughts given your confession you would!Ken
Yep Ken - I do believe! :laugh:
viking33 wrote:I'll usually keep the boxes they came in for a week or so, until I'm satisfied that they are working OK, then out to the recycle bin they go.
Some stores or even manufacturers require the original boxes, etc., if you need to return the product.
Hi Bob! This is one of the reasons I hang on to them but I wait until warranty is up before tossing. Your idea of tossing once the appliance is working okay over a period of time, does make sense!
HansV wrote:I've kept the boxes that my computer / monitor came in, to use if I need to transport the computer. I throw away the packaging for other stuff.
Hi Hans! I really like new computer boxes because first off, it means I have a new computer to play with! :clapping: But I also like them for storing lots of my other "junk"!
And I thought my Mom was a pack rat! :laugh: I am far worse! :innocent:

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I keep boxes for three or four days, in case I have to return the product, and then I put them in the recycling pile.
StuartR

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

You could buy a very big box to keep all your boxes in..
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Skitterbug wrote:Do you save your cartons/boxes that your electronic toys came in?
Do you want the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth? :laugh:

Pack rat.

Well, not completely; I do, as Hans, keep the ones for computer and monitor, warranty or not, if I need to transport them; then as Bob said, some manufacturers require the original boxes if you need to return the products, so as you said Skitter, under the warranty period, I'll keep the most important, and then the first mentioned boxes are handy since larger than the other, so I can store them there. But it depends on what it is, and if the box comes in handy when moving the thing.
Pack rat or not, I would say that it looks quite amateurish if you return your HDD in some home made package of shrink-wrap, corrugated cardboard etc. If using the original, they can't blame me for doing anything wrong. Instead I can hold the carrier responsible. But I know that many people just tear the packages into pieces, eager to start using the new gizmo. On the other hand, some blister packs ... well, if there is anything left of them when I have opened them, it's usually not worth saving anyhow. :grin:
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

It's also very therapeutic to pop the bubble packs. :smash: :cloud9: :doctor:
BOB

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

And if you don't have bubble wrap at hand:

http://www.virtual-bubblewrap.com/bubble-wrap.swf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

True, Bob.
Hans,
I use that one since it simplifies things a lot, with a special manic mode. :nuts: :nurse: :laugh: (Also, I could need the bubbles if I have to return something.)
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

Skitterbug
BronzeLounger

Post by Skitterbug »

agibsonsw wrote:You could buy a very big box to keep all your boxes in..
Now there's a hilarious suggestion! Or maybe I could purchase a new range and have it delivered in it's carton and then let the delivery people know that I also want the carton! Not that I need a new appliance like that but hey, may as well go for a two for one purchase! :laugh:
Argus wrote:True, Bob.
Hans,
I use that one since it simplifies things a lot, with a special manic mode. :nuts: :nurse: :laugh: (Also, I could need the bubbles if I have to return something.)
Bob: Bubble wrap is great! I love stepping on them so a lot of them explode at the same time. :grin: It is great exercise! :yep:

Argus: I laughed at your declaration of "truth and nothin' but...." and that you are also a pack rat! Hey, a person never knows when a box might be needed! I really enjoy wrapping presents in boxes that have nothing to do with the gift that's inside of the box. It keeps the receiving person guessing until all of the duct tape can be removed and the lid opened! :rofl:
And I'd never want to be thought of as an amateur! Got to have the proper box to send items back in so they arrive in pristine condition! Thanks for your posts! :smile: :yep: :thumbup:

Thanks Hans for the link. :clapping: I have a touch pad to do the popping maneuver rather than a mouse so decided to give manic mode a try. :hairout: 43.5 seconds to pop a page of bubbles! :laugh: But it is a stress reducer - sort of! :grin:

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

Skitterbug wrote:
agibsonsw wrote:You could buy a very big box to keep all your boxes in..
Now there's a hilarious suggestion! Or maybe I could purchase a new range and have it delivered in it's carton and then let the delivery people know that I also want the carton! Not that I need a new appliance like that but hey, may as well go for a two for one purchase! :laugh:
Argus wrote:True, Bob.
Hans,
Bob: Bubble wrap is great! I love stepping on them so a lot of them explode at the same time. :grin: It is great exercise! :yep:

Argus: I laughed at your declaration of "truth and nothin' but...." and that you are also a pack rat! Hey, a person never knows when a box might be needed! I really enjoy wrapping presents in boxes that have nothing to do with the gift that's inside of the box. It keeps the receiving person guessing until all of the duct tape can be removed and the lid opened! :rofl:
And I'd never want to be thought of as an amateur! Got to have the proper box to send items back in so they arrive in pristine condition! Thanks for your posts! :smile: :yep: :thumbup:

Thanks Hans for the link. :clapping: I have a touch pad to do the popping maneuver rather than a mouse so decided to give manic mode a try. :hairout: 43.5 seconds to pop a page of bubbles! :laugh: But it is a stress reducer - sort of! :grin:
Bubble wrap is the way to go. Like coffee, nothing beats the real thing! :clapping:
BOB