When relationships go bad

garbsmj
4StarLounger

When relationships go bad

Post by garbsmj »

Okay - so bf dumped me :bummer: and as I'm one of those "burn the bridge behind you" kind of girls, I'm trying to make this as painless as possible.

Problem is, jerk is still emailing me spewing nastiness. I could just delete them, but you know....anyway, I don't want to be mean but I thought of reporting the email address as spam so it goes there and gets automatically deleted after a few weeks. I'm wondering though, what this would do outside my little world.

Any thoughts? :scratch:
When one cat leaves, another mysteriously shows up.

Leif
Administrator

Re: When relationships go bad

Post by Leif »

I'd forward them on to 'abuse@...' at his email host and ask them to sort it for you.

Good luck, and keep smiling :smile:
Leif

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Lief,

Since I have gmail, I'm thinking if I report it as spam, it would do the same thing.

Oh, and I think I'm in the 6th stage of breakup grief - euphoria followed by lots of :chocciebar:

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I have reported spam and then followed it up with creating a filter so the messages go immediately to the trash bin. Remember, it's truly HIS loss, and you are being thought of during this transition. I agree with Leif, "keep smiling :grin: " along with alot more choccie bars :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar:
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Post by ChrisGreaves »

garbsmj wrote:...thought of reporting the email address as spam ...
We are your friends, and we are here to help.
Tell us the offending email and we'll use it as a disposable address for all those web sites we subscribe to. The address will become spam faster'n'blink.

P.S. It is said that you can never have too many :chocciebar: , but just in case you do, my mailing address is ...

P.P.S. But see also this post
There's nothing heavier than an empty water bottle

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Chris, you are sly!~~! Gotta love disposable mail addys :aflame: :bash:

Doc Watson
4StarLounger

Post by Doc Watson »

garbsmj wrote:Lief,

Since I have gmail, I'm thinking if I report it as spam, it would do the same thing.

Oh, and I think I'm in the 6th stage of breakup grief - euphoria followed by lots of :chocciebar:
Hey Jude's suggestion of using filters would seem to be the best, most contained way of accomplishing what you want. All done on your system without involving the outside world in your situation.

Click on any message from the offending party, click on the More Actions drop-down and then on the Filter option and create your own custom filters for the address. click OK and they will never darken your Inbox again. HTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If life gives you melons,
You may be dyslexic.

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

Doc Watson wrote: Hey Jude's suggestion of using filters would seem to be the best, most contained way of accomplishing what you want. All done on your system without involving the outside world in your situation.

... click OK and they will never darken your Inbox again. HTH
I have to agree :evilgrin: "out of sight, out of mind"

:thankyou: Doc :cheers: :chocciebar:

garbsmj
4StarLounger

Post by garbsmj »

Thanks everybody. I copied all his email addys and then thought, am I that vindictive? Okay, part of me answered yes but considering the very immature way he broke it off with me, dare I stoop to his level?

So taking the high road, I will create a filter that will go to my "Weird Emails" folder. Then I can look at them whenever I'm ready to handle the rantings of a loon.

:chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar: