Adobe Flash Player

aekyall
4StarLounger

Adobe Flash Player

Post by aekyall »

As I have both 32 and 64 bit versions of IE8 on my Windows 7 (HP) I thought it was about time I tried the 64 bit one rather than my usual default 32 bit. To my surprise, when trying to look at a facebook video pointed to in Scuttlebutt, I was told I needed to download the latest version (10.1) of Flash Player - I had already downloaded version 10.1 yesterday (on my 32 bit browser). On accessing Adobe's download page I'm informed that a 64 bit version doesn't exist! (although I see they do have a 'test' version).

As 64 bit versions of Windows have been around for a while now, I do wonder just when it will become practical to utilise its facilities rather than having to continually stick with 32 bit versions of everything! Down to individual software companies to get their act together I suppose?

Sorry, just having a bit of a rant :hairout:
Regards,
Keith

HansV
Administrator

Re: Adobe Flash Player

Post by HansV »

Creating 64-bit versions of software is not trivial, and it will not have priority for many developers.

But the number of 64-bit versions increases slowly. For example, all four applications from Piriform (CCleaner, Defraggler, Recuva and Speccy) now come in 32-bit and 64-bit versions (the installer automatically installs the 64-bit version if appropriate).
Best wishes,
Hans

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

aekyall
4StarLounger

Post by aekyall »

Thanks Hans,

Ted - Yes, saw that there was a Beta, but I'm not much of a 'frontiersman' when it comes to unsupported software!! However, as you say it works fine for you I might just give it a try and see how it goes - Thanks.
Regards,
Keith