Run Scanner Freeware analyzer

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Run Scanner Freeware analyzer

Post by Gloria E »

I've just come across the above program and I need the opinion of other users before I download and install.

http://www.runscanner.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please visit and give me your opinion of it's worth and If you think it will help me keep my computer running safe. :thankyou:

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Run Scanner Freeware analyzer

Post by HansV »

I have no experience with this utility so I can't say anything - either positive or negative - about it, but it has a good reputation on WOT (runscanner.net | WOT Reputation Scorecard) so it appears to be safe to try it.
Best wishes,
Hans

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

If WOT says it's good, that's good enough for me.

Thank you Hans, I will install it without fear.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Gloria,

Why do you want to install this? What problem are you trying to solve?

If you have an adequate set of security tools on your PC then you should be able to relax and just use it to do the jobs you really bought it for.
StuartR

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

StuartR wrote:Gloria,

Why do you want to install this? What problem are you trying to solve?

If you have an adequate set of security tools on your PC then you should be able to relax and just use it to do the jobs you really bought it for.
No problem, Stuart. (crossed fingers).

From what I've read it's not a security program. I understand that it's a system utility that scans your system for all running programs, autostart locations, drivers, services and hijack points. (that is a quote from their website). I thought the more programs I have the safer I'll be. I do have a program that does similar things but not all.

Do you think that I should not install it. If so, please tell me why not?

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Gloria E wrote:...
Do you think that I should not install it. If so, please tell me why not?
Every program you install uses up some resources, and some of your time, and brings with it some risk.

If the benefits are greater than the (investment plus risk) then it may be a good idea to install the program, otherwise it is almost certainly not a good idea.

Many people install lots of unnecessary programs on their computers, and run into problems when some of these go wrong, or have an effect on other programs they have already installed.

It really is up to you to consider the benefits, the risks, and the investment of time and resources and make your own decision. I do not advise you not to install it, just to think carefully first.
StuartR

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Post by Gloria E »

After a cooling off period, I've taken your advice and re-visited the website. Upon reconsideration I've decided NOT to install the program. I don't really need it and it just might cause problems I'll have to fix.

I thank you for causing me to take another look and make the right decidion. Once again you've given me good advice and I appreciate it and you.