Defraggler 2.0 released

HansV
Administrator

Defraggler 2.0 released

Post by HansV »

Piriform, the makers of the popular utility CCleaner, have released version 2.0 of their defragmentation utility Defraggler. The most significant new feature is the ability to schedule defragmentation when the computer boots, i.e. before Windows has been loaded completely; this makes it possible to defragment system files that are in use (and thus locked) when Windows is running.

Other changes (from Piriform - Defraggler v2.0):
  • New Drive Map with custom colors and styles.
  • New improved defragmentation engine.
  • Improved Windows 7 compatibility.
  • Lots of minor GUI improvements.
Builds page: Piriform - Builds. Warning: there is no "Slim" version, at least not at this time. The installer offers Google Toolbar.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Defraggler 2.0 released

Post by John Gray »

I had a crash with the 2.0 beta the first time I ran it, on an extremely full disk. Subsequently, no problems at all...

With this build, I was offered Google Chrome. YMMV?
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

IanWilson
3StarLounger

Post by IanWilson »

HansV wrote:Piriform, the makers of the popular utility CCleaner, have released version 2.0 of their defragmentation utility Defraggler. The most significant new feature is the ability to schedule defragmentation when the computer boots, i.e. before Windows has been loaded completely; this makes it possible to defragment system files that are in use (and thus locked) when Windows is running.

Other changes (from Piriform - Defraggler v2.0):
  • New Drive Map with custom colors and styles.
  • New improved defragmentation engine.
  • Improved Windows 7 compatibility.
  • Lots of minor GUI improvements.
Builds page: Piriform - Builds. Warning: there is no "Slim" version, at least not at this time. The installer offers Google Toolbar.
Thanks for the information. The installer didn't offer me the Google Toolbar, I'm pleased to say.

Ian

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I wasn't offered Google Toolbar either :-) I installed, analyzed, defragged, and then scheduled it at boot time so am good to go. Thanks Hans :-)
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

The Slim version of Defraggler 2.00 is now available as the final entry on the Defraggler Builds page... Saves all that box unticking!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Thanks for the update!
Best wishes,
Hans