Ccleaner – not deleting “cookies on computer”

uncle
3StarLounger

Ccleaner – not deleting “cookies on computer”

Post by uncle »

Ran the most recent version of the [free] app (6.14 10584, 64 bit) and it was not deleting the ‘cookies on computer’ column. I tripled checked that all browsers have check marks next to Cookies.Ran it again, no change.

I then reverted to previous version of CCleaner and was surprised to see that there, too, ‘cookies on computer’ was filled with cookies even tho memory tells me after running the cleaner, that column had been cleared.
I searched for a fix, this appears to be a known problem but I couldn’t find a solution.
Anyone in Lounge have a fix for me? Thanks

HansV
Administrator

Re: Ccleaner – not deleting “cookies on computer”

Post by HansV »

I have the newest (free) version. I just ran it, and it did clean cookies according to my preferences. So it doesn't appear to be a universal problem.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Same as Hans, this latest free version is clearing / keeping cookies according according to my preferences on my Win 10 Pro PC.

Ken

uncle
3StarLounger

Post by uncle »

Thank you both. I went back into Custom clean and this time I deleted cookies from Opera and the cookies were deleted.
I have never used Opera and thus didn’t pay attention to it. This doesn’t explain why in the past CCleaner was able to clear the ‘cookies on computer’ column when I didn’t examine Opera, but hey, am pleased with the current results. Thanks again.