New Snipping Tool?

BobH
UraniumLounger

New Snipping Tool?

Post by BobH »

In trying to assess Fastmail, I've found the UI not to be very intuitive. I'm struggling with it and the app. While I can get support, the delay is about a day for responses due to time differences between Oz and the US. I do my best to provide screenshots (they call them screencasts) but their support techs always seem to want more. They suggested that I record videos of my navigation and results. They even provided a link to Tom's Hardware where I learned that there is (apparently) a newer version or new app called snipping tool that will record 'movies'. I followed the links to Microsoft Store and tried to find the app without success. I found a snipping tool app, but it did not download and .exe file to install but seems to work as a pop up using Shift > Windows Key > S. The pop up does not offer 'movie' options that I could find. Searching didn't turn up anything that looks like the app shown in Tom's Hardware.

Can anyone tell me a) if there is a new Windows free snipping tool that will do 'movies', and b) how to download and install it?

UPDATE:
I went to Tom's Hardware again. A more careful reading indicates that the app is only available in Win 11. Can anyone verify this? If it is available in Win 10, refer to questions above. If this app is not available for Win 10, can anyone suggest another app - preferably free - that I can use to make a 'movie' of screen sequences?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: New Snipping Tool?

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Thanks, Hans!

I failed to find that because I couldn't phrase a good search argument.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

FWIW I used Screenpresso to make my screen-to-screen video. Worked great!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)