video formats

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

video formats

Post by Dave Davison »

For as long as I can remember videos that I have downloaded from You Tube to a thunb drive to watch in more comfort by the fire on my TV have been in mp4 format but rather annoyingly, all of a sudden, videos are not in mp4 though when I search for the same video on Rumble I find it is in mp4. format Has anyone else notices this change? And what about the bombardment of adverts that have become so frequent it is hardly worth watching? :scratch: Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: video formats

Post by HansV »

I view YouTube in my Firefox browser, with the ad-blocker uBlock Origin installed. I never see an advertisement.

YouTube supports many video formats - see Supported YouTube file formats. It's up to the uploader to decide which of these formats to use.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Re: video formats

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans, now I remember that I have an ad-blocker on my pc but not this laptop so must rectify that, as for the formats I can appreciate what you say but find it strange that so many of the kind of videos I have gravitated to are now not in mp4 as before, very strange! Regards Dave.