Sound issues

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Sound issues

Post by Dave Davison »

When I listen to a video on line using a earphones [monitor has no integral speakers] despite the sound setting on my computer being set at maximum as well as the video sound slide bar, I can hardly hear the sound track but if I download the video then - whilst watching it turn the mouse scroll wheel away from me - the sound can be increased to 200 which solves the problem. Is there any way an adequate volume can be achieved when watching on line please? The ear phones do not have any controls. :scratch: Thanks Dave. [If post is in wrong section please rectify this error]

BobH
UraniumLounger

Re: Sound issues

Post by BobH »

Are you viewing/hearing YouTube videos or from some other source? Because you can hear the audio after downloading, one would infer that the earphones are not at fault.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Dave Davison wrote:
15 Jul 2022, 23:48
...despite the sound setting on my computer being set at maximum as well as the video sound slide bar...
It depends what you mean by sound setting being at maximum. There will be TWO volume controls, one in the application that you are using to watch the video and one within Windows itself.

1) "When I listen to a video on line..." If by that you mean, "When I'm using my browser and watching a video on a website like YouTube..." Then check both the volume control that's on screen next to the play button, underneath the video AND the volume control icon that is probably on the Taskbar, near the clock.

2) "if I download the video then - whilst watching it..." If by that you mean. "After I've downloaded the video to my computer and then use something like Windows Media Player top watch it..." Then check both the volume control will be somewhere in your media player AND the volume control icon that is probably on the Taskbar, near the clock.

Does this help?

Ken

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks for the comments, perhaps the screen shots will clarify the issue; no - correct Bob, there is nothing wrong with the earphones, for when I have downloaded any video and watch it later on the computer using VLC player, increasing the sound with the mouse scroll wheel overcomes my poor hearing problem. I have a set of Sony earphones that do have controls but when the battery is flat I have to resort to the cheap back up ones. :thankyou:
111.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Just above the surname 'Ruby' is a rectanglar button bearing the word 'Mute.' I presume that this is NOT selected, but I don't know. Have you tried clicking that button to see if perhaps the sound is muted and you must un-mute it? I see that the slide bar is all the way to the right, but if muted sound will be almost imperceptible to the best ears if it can be heard at all.

That screen on the right is unknown to me. I am guessing that it is from a television broadcast or perhaps a video of such. I suppose that there is the possibility that its reproduction 'en vivo' as it were has a limited volume setting but if downloaded and played in VLC the limit on the volume doesn't apply. This is entirely a wild guess on my part, Dave.

Good luck.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks again for taking the time to answer, the video is from the following platform. https://www.brighteon.com/f56b3fd6-dc24 ... 8125f8b6d6. :thankyou:

jolas
3StarLounger

Post by jolas »

Other places to troubleshoot sound problem. Suggest to also use another earphone as part of TShoot procedure.
YoutubeSoundTshoot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks again, numerous avenues to peruse, it seems the short answer is to keep the ear phones battery charged as they have a volume control wheel. Cheers Dave. ..............

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

By the way: be careful with that website, Dave, it is full of false/misleading information.
Best wishes,
Hans