Saving Street View on Google Maps

Sundog
5StarLounger

Saving Street View on Google Maps

Post by Sundog »

I have created a custom map using Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?source=s ... 9544e0c902. It will be used as a guide for out-of-towners trying to find a :music: location. Using Google's Street View, I can get a very good look at the front of a place. When I exit Street View and return to that location, I get the old default street view. How can I save my new street view with my custom map?
Sundog

mbarron
2StarLounger

Re: Saving Street View on Google Maps

Post by mbarron »

There is a "Link" above the street view window (on the right had side).

Here is the street view for the Peppers Grill and Bar search result.

You should see this:
's link.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sundog
5StarLounger

Re: Saving Street View on Google Maps

Post by Sundog »

Mbarron, thanks for your reply. I can navigate to that street view on my map; however, as I understand it, the Link provides HTML to embed a particular Street View in a Website.

I want to embed it in my custom map, not in a Website, so that my Google Maps link would have it, should a viewer want to go to Street View. Do you know how to do this?

A possible alternative, which I haven't yet explored, is to use Snippy to capture a screenshot, save it as a JPG, and attach it to that location. Don't know if that would work or not.
Sundog