Sound/Audio Card Software

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Sound/Audio Card Software

Post by hlewton »

I do not have an adjustment for bass on my Realtek Digital Output audio device. Is there any freeware available that would allow me to make an adjustment to the bass on that device? All information I find on the WEB does not work with my device.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Re: Sound/Audio Card Software

Post by JoeP »

What is your PC vendor? What OS? Have you checked the PC vendor support site?

Windows 10 sound equalizer has all sorts of links for free software.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 14:00

I have my PC's custom built to specs he comes up with meeting what I described I wanted as far as speed, size of hard drive, and amount of RAM, etc. This PC runs Windows 10's current version, 21H2, and updated every month with Windows updates. I never had a need for any bass adjustment before but I just installed a new set of speakers that include a sub-woofer and it just has too much bass to suit me. The only adjustment on the sub-woofer is a volume adjustment but that does not help with the sound of the bass, except to make it a lower volume. Thank you for the link, I am going to check it out right now.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
26 Apr 2022, 14:00

Again I thank for your reply. Before posting I had tried all the adjustments that Windows 10, itself, had to offer and there is nothing there to allow me to adjust the bass or treble for my speakers. The link within the link you gave me looked promising in that I should have been able to download a Realtek HD Audio Manager. However, I followed the link https://www.realtek.com/en/downloads that said download this equalizer, searched for the Realtek HD Audio Manager but it did not find it. So not sure why that happened but I'll keep trying. I sent them an email asking where that audio manager is located. Hopefully, they will reply.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 14:47
See if Reinstall Realtek HD audio manager helps.
Thank you. I will look into it.

I mentioned I contacted Realtek by email. I just got a response and I want to share it. I am not making a hyperlink out of the link he provided because it doesn't seem to work at all. When I clicked on it the dialog box asking me to pick an app opened. I assume it meant which browser I wanted to use. I chose Google Chrome and all it did was open Chrome. I pasted the link into the URL line and, again, that same dialog box opened asking me what app to use. I repeated this process using FireFox and got the same results. In any case here is his reply: CAUTION AS I MENTIONED, I DID NOT MAKE THAT LINK BELOW A HYPERLINK. IT DID IT ON ITS OWN AND I DO NOT SEE A WAY TO REMOVE IT. I DO NOT SEE ANY URL BRACKETS AROUND IT OR I WOULD HAVE REMOVED THEM. I DID CLICK ON IT AND IT DID THE SAME HERE A I DESCRIBED ABOVE.

Sir,
Realtek HD Audio Manager is not a single app, it must be integrated within audio driver.
You can get the latest Realtek driver from this ftp site:
ftp://PEGA:123@glfs.wpgholdings.com/Rea ... 7_WHQL.zip
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 14:47
See if Reinstall Realtek HD audio manager helps.
Need a little advice here. Following the link and choosing option 1, this is what it says to do:

Press Windows + X, and select Device Manager to open Device Manager in Windows 10.
Expand Sound, video and game controllers in the list. Right-click Realtek High Definition Audio, and click Uninstall device.
Click Delete the driver software for this device option and click Uninstall button.
Then you can click Action tab and click Scan for hardware changes. Windows will automatically scan and download the Realtek HD Audio driver and reinstall the Realtek HD Audio Manager software.

As you can see what I made bold it says Realtek High Definition Audio. here please see my attachment. In the attachment I find a Realtek Audio driver BUT I also find a VDIDIA High Definition Audio driver. So is it possible my sound is using the VDIDIA High Definition Audio driver and if so how would I know and then access it to try to adjust the bass?
Sound Driver.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

OK a follow up question or 2. it seems I do not have NVIDIA Control Panel installed for the audio card shown above. In searching the whys and hows to get it, I came across a program called DriverEasy.exe which is supposed to automatically update missing drivers. I do not want to mess anything up to the point I don't have any audio at all. So does anyone know if this is a safe program to use? If so, and if if finds the driver to install the NVIDIA Control Panel, will that make it automatically use that NVIDIA Control Panel for my sound adjustments?
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

hlewton wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 16:46
When I clicked on it the dialog box asking me to pick an app opened. I assume it meant which browser I wanted to use. I chose Google Chrome and all it did was open Chrome. I pasted the link into the URL line and, again, that same dialog box opened asking me what app to use. I repeated this process using FireFox and got the same results.
I clicked on your link and selected the FileZilla ftp client to open it. This showed an error message about password being sent in cleartext, and then displayed the files and folders...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 21:58
hlewton wrote:
When I clicked on it the dialog box asking me to pick an app opened. I assume it meant which browser I wanted to use. I chose Google Chrome and all it did was open Chrome. I pasted the link into the URL line and, again, that same dialog box opened asking me what app to use. I repeated this process using FireFox and got the same results.
I clicked on your link and selected the FileZilla ftp client to open it. This showed an error message about password being sent in cleartext, and then displayed the files and folders...
Thank you. Not sure what that was trying to do.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

hlewton wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 22:52
I was just showing you how you could access the files at that URL, since you could not do this with your web browsers
StuartR

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 06:54
hlewton wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 22:52
I was just showing you how you could access the files at that URL, since you could not do this with your web browsers
I understand and really appreciate your help. What I was trying to say is I just don't know what that fellow at Realtek was sending me. At this point I'm not going to take any chances of messing up what I have now. At least I have audio, though being able to lower the bass would make it sound better.
Regards,
hlewton

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

To check the current device being used for sound and the driver used - open settings. By default that opens to the System section. In the right pane click on Sound. You should see the output device and driver.
Joe

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

JoeP wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 14:05
To check the current device being used for sound and the driver used - open settings. By default that opens to the System section. In the right pane click on Sound. You should see the output device and driver.
In following your steps, and I think I did them the way my machine interprets the commands, I saw slightly different screens. It seems I can only attach 3 screenshots so I'll just mention what the first one shows. When I clicked on Settings it opened a screen where I had to click System in the upper left-had corner. Then the next thing that opened was Sound2.jpg. As the attachment points out, I then had a choice of selecting the Sound option in the left-hand side if the screen. That took me to what you see in Sound3.jpg. It shows the Output device but I do not see any driver. So I clicked on that drop-down arrow and ended up seeing what is displayed in the Sound4.jpg attachment. I checked all the drop-downs I found and didn't see anything about the NVIDIA High Definition Audio driver.

OK, here I am going to have to ask you to follow me to the next post so I can show you 2 more screen shots and try to learn what is going on.

Sound2.jpg
Sound3.jpg
Sound4.jpg
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

If you look at Sound3.jpg attachment in the post above this one, you can see the option on the right-hand side called Sound Control Panel. I clicked it, scrolled down to the bottom, and eventually opened what is shown in the right-hand side of the attachment in this post. I ran a speaker test when in the Sound window Speakers was chosen. It gave sounds. I then highlighted to choose Realtek Digital Output and again ran the test button. There was no sound. So I still am not sure what the driver for the speakers is and I do not have any adjustment for the bass in anything I have been able to look at in all these windows.

When I open the Device manager and then open Sound, Video, and game controllers I see what is displayed in Sound6.jpg but still don't know what my machine is using. When I click on any of the 3 options displayed in Sound6.jpg attachment they all show what is seen in Sound7.jpg attachment. All this is confusing and don't know what driver is used for my sound but do know it does not give me that bass adjustment I am looking for.

So any help or advice is appreciated.
Sound5.jpg
Sound6.jpg
Sound7.jpg
Regards,
hlewton

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
28 Apr 2022, 21:58
hlewton wrote:
StuartR I just heard from the person that sent that email to me. He recommended the same file you used to open that ftp file. I downloaded it but have not installed it. My Windows Security anti-virus program has tagged it as potentially dangerous and wants to quarantine it. Did you get the same message when installing that FileZilla ftp client? I do have the option to allow it but am unsure if I should. BTW, I did download it from following your link here in the Lounge but the other fellow's link took me to the same site, as well.
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

hlewton wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 19:12
Did you get the same message when installing that FileZilla ftp client?
I installed FileZilla a long time ago, but I don't remember seeing any warning messages. I regularly download the latest version to update it, and never get any warnings. Where did you download it from? It should be at https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

My experience with FileZilla is the same as Stuart's.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Post by hlewton »

StuartR wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 22:35
hlewton wrote:
29 Apr 2022, 19:12
Did you get the same message when installing that FileZilla ftp client?
I installed FileZilla a long time ago, but I don't remember seeing any warning messages. I regularly download the latest version to update it, and never get any warnings. Where did you download it from? It should be at https://filezilla-project.org/download.php?show_all=1
I followed your previous link which took me to the same place as the link the fellow in the email sent me. It is different from what you just gave me and I downloaded again. So far no warning. Please see attachment where I was yesterday and the thin arrow pointing to what I chose to download it.

Thank to bot you and Hans.
ftp.jpg
Regards,
hlewton

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I checked out both links and the filenames are slightly different. One of them has the word "sponsored" in the middle of the file name!
StuartR