Make Composite from Multiple Photos

BobH
UraniumLounger

Make Composite from Multiple Photos

Post by BobH »

I sometimes want to make a composite from multiple photos. In the past I've done this in Word but it is a clumsy process and I think I lose some sharpness. Is there an application - preferably free - that will do this easily?
:cheers: :chocciebar: :thankyou:

UPDATE:
After more extensive searching, it appears that making panoramas is a primary purpose for compositing photos. While I might have that need in the future, I most often want to put multiple shots in one image for sharing with others or placing in articles.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

jolas
3StarLounger

Re: Make Composite from Multiple Photos

Post by jolas »

Try photoscape

Choose the Page from the circular menu.
Select the template layout you fancy. You can even specify the dimension of the template if needed.

Point to your photo folders and just drag and drop it to the available space within the your template choose. There are free template and paid ones. There are enough templates for many projects.

Separator space and curve corners for each picture are neat features as well.

And more. Freeware of course.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

It sounds like you are wanting to make 'photo collages', so search for that rather than searching for 'photo composite'.

If you do that one of the top hits (in Google) is for Adobe's :free: collage maker. I've never used it but it looks quite powerful. The downside is that even though it is :free: you have to sign up for an Adobe account. That too is :free: but lots of people don't like Adobe and will refuse to do that on principle.

Collages are not something I've made very often but when I have, I've used the collage feature in Google Picasa. It's simple and effective and :free: The downside of Picasa is that Google abandoned / retired it years ago so it is no longer available from Google's website. If you don't already have a genuine copy of the Picasa installer and you want to try it then DON'T search for it and download it from one of the myriad of software download sites, even reputable ones. Instead send me a PM and I'll share a copy with you. NB officially Picasa is only for Win 7 (or less) but it installs and runs just fine on Win 10 (Hans might be able to confirm it still works on Win 11).

Hope this helps,

Ken

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I ditched Picasa a while ago, but users report that it still works on Windows 11.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

HansV wrote:
27 Jan 2022, 09:05
I ditched Picasa a while ago...
:eyeout: I couldn't be without it!

Ken

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Another useful programme for photo collage etc is Cyberlink PhotoDirector which I use on my Android phone. It's available on Google Play and some of it is free + in app purchases.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Photoscape is exactly what I wanted. Thank you, Ron!

Thank you helping me with the right word, too, Ken!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

RonH
SilverLounger

Post by RonH »

Enjoy. Its an easy learning curve.
This is one ... 'Smoke' images from our window of some fireworks.
2022-01-03-09-56-25-393.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.