Some FREE programs from Ashampoo

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Some FREE programs from Ashampoo

Post by westerneagle »

I got this e-mail from Ashampoo offering some of their great programs for free.

I have been using some of them for some time. They DO NOT HAVE ANY SPYWARE!

Burning Studio is great.

The e-mail said to share the site and code. so here it is.

http://www.ashampoo.com/gift

and the code for getting the programs free is ASH-444LW1

These are full programs, not crippled and etc.

Enjoy

Mike J
Mike J

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Some FREE programs from Ashampoo

Post by stuck »

westerneagle wrote:The e-mail said to share the site and code. so here it is.
Seems too good to miss
:thankyou:

Ken

diegol
StarLounger

Post by diegol »

Hey Mike, thanks!!!

:argentina: Diegol

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Add my "Thanks!" to that, too!
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

westerneagle wrote:I got this e-mail from Ashampoo offering some of their great programs for free.

These are full programs, not crippled and etc.

Mike J
These seem to be trial versions only?
BOB
:massachusetts: :usa:

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I think that if you follow the instructions you will find that you can obtain a free, permanent license to use the products.

I did not open and use them after downloading yesterday. After seeing Bob's post, I opened the Home Designer app and learned that further effort is required to fill in a form and obtain a license key by email.

This process involves reading a bit of German and following the instructions. While I don't pretend that I understood every word, my high school classes in the language proved sufficient to get the key and to enter it when asked.

HTH
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

BobH wrote:I think that if you follow the instructions you will find that you can obtain a free, permanent license to use the products.

I did not open and use them after downloading yesterday. After seeing Bob's post, I opened the Home Designer app and learned that further effort is required to fill in a form and obtain a license key by email.

This process involves reading a bit of German and following the instructions. While I don't pretend that I understood every word, my high school classes in the language proved sufficient to get the key and to enter it when asked.

HTH
I guess I blundered my way through getting the keys.
Certainly didn't understand if I was doing it properly but it would have been a lot nicer to have English sub-titles! :hairout: :grin:
BOB

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

I am not too sure what all this talk about 'German' is. . . .When I click on the page it is all English!

You do have to sign up with them to get a 'Key' but they are all full featured programs.

Wait, I take that back. . . . . . If you try to reg the Home Designer. . . it in German. . . oops

If you go to http://www.ashampoo.com/en/usd it is the English home page. You should be able to see your account information with the Keys that you have for which programs.

I am using the CD Burner and I have been using their OFFICE 2008 program for awhile. I think I paid $10 for it sometime ago during a special.

They seems to have quality programs. If you get their e-mails you will find they are always running specials and can get some very nice programs for not much $$

Mike
Mike J

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes! I should have been more specific. It was the Home Designer app that gave me the email in German. The others were in English.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

I've just installed Photo Commander, all the emails and activation web pages were in German. I wonder if subsequent installs will be in English?

Ken

later...
nope, installed Snap next, then Home designer, all the emails are in German but I can log in to 'myashampoo' and see everything in English

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I, too, encountered some German in one of the promotion emails (House Designer). I installed all of the Ashampoo special offer apps and find that they are all in English (my chosen language) and that subsequent offers to purchase upgrades have, likewise, been in English.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

stuck wrote:I've just installed Photo Commander, all the emails and activation web pages were in German. I wonder if subsequent installs will be in English?

Ken

later...
nope, installed Snap next, then Home designer, all the emails are in German but I can log in to 'myashampoo' and see everything in English
I don't understand why some, like us, get the German versions, while others only see one in German, the others in English. I have tried them all ( except Home Designer ) and managed to muddle my way through the registration process, using Google Translate, to see the key words.
BOB

Claude
cheese lizard

Post by Claude »

At the very top of the http://www.ashampoo.com page you'll see a German flag, next to $ USD, both items have a pull-down menu to change language and currency. That should make it a bit easier to read in your language.
ashampoo.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers, Claude.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

:spoilsport:

:grin:
Leif

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Claude wrote:At the very top of the http://www.ashampoo.com page you'll see a German flag, next to $ USD, both items have a pull-down menu to change language and currency. That should make it a bit easier to read in your language.
Yes, I used that on the web site but it didn't change the text of the activation emails. It appears that installers I downloaded are German. That's not a problem, I selected English during installation and the apps themselves are all in English.

Ken

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

Have been using Snap3 and so far I like it better than Snagit.

Ha, I notice that Ashampoo has come out with all new programs, (such as now Snap 4!) Which why, no doubt they gave away these.

But still. . . great programs. . . and Free :clapping:
Mike J

viking33
PlatinumLounger

Post by viking33 »

westerneagle wrote:Have been using Snap3 and so far I like it better than Snagit.

Ha, I notice that Ashampoo has come out with all new programs, (such as now Snap 4!) Which why, no doubt they gave away these.

But still. . . great programs. . . and Free :clapping:
And used the registration email addresses to send out sales pitches to buy the new upgrade versions.
As you said, that's OK. I was on their sales list anyway, even if I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time. :thankyou:
BOB

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

viking33 wrote:And used the registration email addresses to send out sales pitches
Which is why I used a disposable email address :grin:

Ken

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

stuck wrote:Which is why I used a disposable email address :grin:
Let me guess.... stuck@pampers.com?
Leif

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

...........bit late in the day to chip in here but having downloaded the package some time ago I just now noticed there is a free Firewall with Ashampoo, how does this compare with the likes of Zone Alarm; Comodo; Avira; PC Tools Firewall +7 and the like please? For the less than competent the statistics on Cnet would suggest Zone Alarm is the best but what do you experts say. Zone Alarm 50 Million; Yahoo 12 million; Avast 7.7 million; AVG 2.4 million; Ashampoo 1.5 million; PC Tools 1.2 million. Avira ????? Regards Dave.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.