Free (Giveaway of the day) PDF to Word

steveh
SilverLounger

Free (Giveaway of the day) PDF to Word

Post by steveh »

Afternoon all

The giveaway of the day today http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/ is a free PDF to Word creator, I have tried many but this one really seems to work. I have just practiced on several documents and it opens them in the correct page layout with pictures etc.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: Free (Giveaway of the day) PDF to Word

Post by John Gray »

Steve, if that works as well as you say it does, you have my thanks! All previous programs I've tried have produced varying degrees of rubbish!
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Thanks, Steve. I've just installed this on my work computer and it seems to work as advertised. Now I just have to remember to download and activate it on my home machine, too.
Samantha

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I too have downloaded it and gotten a key code. Thanks Steve! I have a question which may be too early to answer.

Is this one of those that MUST be installed today or it doesn't work, even if you have the key code?

I've always shied away from those for fear of a future need to re-install and not be permitted to. I remember someone in our old place saying something about it, but I don't remember who it was.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Bigaldoc wrote:I too have downloaded it and gotten a key code. Thanks Steve! I have a question which may be too early to answer.

Is this one of those that MUST be installed today or it doesn't work, even if you have the key code?

I've always shied away from those for fear of a future need to re-install and not be permitted to. I remember someone in our old place saying something about it, but I don't remember who it was.
As I read it, it must be downloaded and installed today, or it doesn't work. (It certainly is very keen on you signing up to receive a newsletter!)
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your hospital appointment letter indicates that you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:... (It certainly is very keen on you signing up to receive a newsletter!)
What makes you say that, John? As a matter of fact, I un-checked that box. Did I do something wrong? If so, I'll go do it again... :laugh:

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Bigaldoc wrote:
John Gray wrote:... (It certainly is very keen on you signing up to receive a newsletter!)
What makes you say that, John? As a matter of fact, I un-checked that box. Did I do something wrong? If so, I'll go do it again... :laugh:
Yes, you go and uncheck it again! :laugh:

There were at least two, if not three, places where boxes were ticked for you to sign up to a newsletter, or a Yes/No option. They must think we just want to run the software without any comeback! :blush:
John Gray

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

John Gray wrote:...There were at least two, if not three, places where boxes were ticked ...
Oooh, I see what you mean now! When I wrote that I hadn't yet installed it. Wow, one has to read very carefully, doesn't one? It got a little confusing because it opened an IE window, a registration box and ...

Thanks for the (reminder) warning!

steveh
SilverLounger

Post by steveh »

Hi all

Sorry I did'nt notice all of those when I loaded it, guess who is going to get spammed my newsletters :hairout:

Nearly everything now from giveaway of the day expires if not downloaded and activated on the day of the giveaway, and whatever you do do not download the latest version checker uit keeps trying to give you it is a pain in the bottom. I took Hans advice (strange as that may seem :grin: ) on the old, ld lounge and downloaded pecunia for that job which is great, I will post a link later but I have just been ordered to the Chinese for she who must be obeyed and 3 grandaughters.

Cheers

Steve
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Hey Jude
5StarLounger

Post by Hey Jude »

I'm getting it now tooo so thanks. I do keep up on these, but am glad to hear that it actually works :fanfare: I will pass this one on to family/friends as well.

Now to get it on my other machines....still have hours to go before I sleep.....
♫...Take a sad song and make it better . . .♫ Image