Special Characters - esp. good for BB codes

AlanMiller1
NewLounger

Special Characters - esp. good for BB codes

Post by AlanMiller1 »

This is from a post I made in Woody's Lounge on 2008-02-07 :

This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but I just love these little gizzmos:
Special Characters Menu delivers on-demand special characters insertion within any application.
It runs invisibly in the background, activated by Win+C global hotkey. You can build your own list of "special" characters like µ ‰ ® √ as well as text blocks, by editing the text .INI file. Just click your selection from the popup and it's inserted into the text you're typing. Also good for bold, italic etc. tag pairs here on the Lounge.
Very small, lightweight and non-intrusive.

Download at http://e-cat.nm.ru/SpecChar.zip - only 27KB and ... :free: of course!

Alan

Here's a screenshot of what comes up on my menu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steveh
SilverLounger

Re: Special Characters - esp. good for BB codes

Post by steveh »

Cheers Alan

I missed that the first time around. The other day I had to insert a divide sign all over the place in a document, this will dramatically speedit up for me

Cheers

Steve
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Alan, I downloaded the Special Characters, tweaked it and have used it off-and-on for the past few days. I just tried to invoke it again using the Win-C hotkey combo, and nothing happened. Any ideas, recommendations?
Samantha

Pilgrim
2StarLounger

Post by Pilgrim »

Samantha wrote:Alan, I downloaded the Special Characters, tweaked it and have used it off-and-on for the past few days. I just tried to invoke it again using the Win-C hotkey combo, and nothing happened. Any ideas, recommendations?
IF you have logged off or rebooted and you didn't create a shortcut for the "SpecChar.exe" file and put it into your "Startup" folder in the Start Menu, then this would account for it not working. To enable it again, you will need to simply double-click on the "SpecChar.exe" file in the program's folder (wherever you are keeping it). :grin:
Jeff

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!