Enlarge my video size in Teams meetings

jmt356
SilverLounger

Enlarge my video size in Teams meetings

Post by jmt356 »

In Teams meetings, my video is a very small window that takes up about 1/20 of the bottom right corner of my screen. The other participants' videos are much larger. Is it possible to select a view where my video displays on my screen the same size as the videos of the other participants?

Alternatively, is there a way to have the video of the person who is speaking enlarged and prominent, so that when I am speaker, my video is larger and when I am not speaking, is smaller?

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Re: Enlarge my video size in Teams meetings

Post by stuck »

Not as far as I know but if you search you might find something somewhere that shows I'm mistaken.

Ken
EDITED TO ADD:
I think the keywords to search on will be video spotlight
Last edited by stuck on 08 Jul 2021, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

Have you checked out the Microsoft Teams solutions you can readily find by Googling? It is easier for us to give you answers to specific problems rather than giving you a complete How-To tutorial.
Leif

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

Leif wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 14:23
Have you checked out the Microsoft Teams solutions you can readily find by Googling? It is easier for us to give you answers to specific problems rather than giving you a complete How-To tutorial.
I do not know what Microsoft Teams solutions is. Do you mean anteres Microsoft Teams solutions (https://antares.solutions/our-solutions ... -solution/)? If so, yes, I searched that and found no helpful results.
stuck wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 14:23
Not as far as I know but if you search you might find something somewhere that shows I'm mistaken.

Ken
EDITED TO ADD:
I think the keywords to search on will be video spotlight
The only quasi-helpful solution that I found through Google was to have the Camera App in a window open next to Teams and to size it according to the user's preference. It's not exactly ideal. What I'd like to be able to do is to have my video side-by-side with the other participants' video and the same size.

I found something about video spotlight. When I selected it, I think it just puts a halo around my video that other participants can see. It does not make my video bigger.
Regards,

JMT

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

jmt356 wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 15:39
I do not know what Microsoft Teams solutions is.
I was speaking generically of what "solutions to issues" you may find by Googling.

If you literally search for what you want - e.g.
teams video my image bigger - Google Search
then you may get some more appropriate answers, such as:
How to make my camera view larger on screen? - Microsoft Tech Community.
Which says you can't, but perhaps you can if you visit Use this hack to pin your own video large in a Microsoft Teams or Zoom meeting | Think Outside The Slide
Leif

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

jmt356 wrote:
08 Jul 2021, 15:39
...I found something about video spotlight. When I selected it, I think it just puts a halo around my video that other participants can see. It does not make my video bigger.
As Leif has explained, searching using a variety of keywords is your best chance of finding a solution. I can't remember the exact sequence of searches I did but was only about three before I came across the 'spotlight' feature. I use Teams every working day but I've never needed the functionality you are asking about, nor did I know about the 'spotlight' feature. It seemed to be what you wanted, pity it's not.

Never mind, search engines are very powerful so the old saying, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again", comes to mind.

Good hunting!

Ken

PJ_in_FL
5StarLounger

Post by PJ_in_FL »

I guess the suggestion "get a bigger monitor" won't be helpful?
PJ in (usually sunny) FL

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

PJ_in_FL wrote:
09 Jul 2021, 16:11
I guess the suggestion "get a bigger monitor" won't be helpful?
Probably about as helpful as suggesting one of these :laugh:
Leif