Web Elements - Question 2 SwissCows need two “Inspect” calls to get web element

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Web Elements - Question 2 SwissCows need two “Inspect” calls to get web element

Post by ChrisGreaves »

Chrome Browser, SwissCows search engine.
https://swisscows.com/?culture=en
I Right/Click in the search box and see this:-
20211101_01.png
Which to me does not look like a search box element at all.
I accidentally did a second R/C which brings up this:-
20211101_02.png
Which is what I wanted to see.

Why does it take TWO R/Cs on some search engine web pages, but only ONE R/C on other search engine web pages?
Not that this an immediate second r/c in the one web page; it is not a second web page search element as discussed in my first question.

I have seen similar results on search engines when right-clicking using my "hands on" Firefox browser, so I suspect the behaviour is not related to Chrome.

This is not a big deal – I have learned to R/C until I see an element that looks like a Search box. But I worry that I might be going about exploring the wrong way.
Especially when some search engines require only one R/C to display the search box elements.

Thanks
Chris
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace

HansV
Administrator

Re: Web Elements - Question 2 SwissCows need two “Inspect” calls to get web element

Post by HansV »

I thought Swiss cows were purple...

Swisscow.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

ChrisGreaves
PlutoniumLounger

Re: Web Elements - Question 2 SwissCows need two “Inspect” calls to get web element

Post by ChrisGreaves »

HansV wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 14:49
I thought Swiss cows were purple...
They are not purple, they are Lavender, although in my youth Bobby Vee taught us that Lavender could be blue, Lavender could be green, without using the conjunctions AND and/or OR, so my rendition of "Lavender Turquoise" never made the charts. From "Cinderella, naturally. But don't be fooled by the heavy-metal version from Laura Wright. Stay on the straight and narrow with those who know!
Right now I am of course listening to the Ladies Palm Court Orchestra studio version.

And now back to my web elements question ...
Cheers
Chris
An expensive day out: Wallet and Grimace