Using Ratool

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Using Ratool

Post by hlewton »

Just got a recommendation for downloading and using a program called Ratool which is supposed to protect you using external drives. I downloaded it and am debating on using it after reading all the information. I am wondering if anyone here uses it and can give me a little more advise. The one thing I really want to know is, after I have made all the choices in the settings to allow the external devises I have connected on a permanent basis; will I have to supply a password each time I restart my computer? Also, the review I read did not tell me if when I add a new devise will I have to supply a password to allow my computer to use the new devise? One more question; are there any other things I have not asked about that may influence my decision on using it? For instance can anyone recommend using it or not using it?

In the settings I plan on using the option "Allow Read & Write (Default)." That is why I asked the above questions because in my mind that seems like I would not have to supply a password for new devises or those attached permanently.

Thanks
Regards,
hlewton