DuckDuckgo.com

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

DuckDuckgo.com

Post by Dave Davison »

I have watched some videos on You Tube giving the step by step moves to change my search engine to DuckDuckgo but after selecting it in the "Search" option there is no OK button to click on, how do I activate it please. :scratch: Thanks....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: DuckDuckgo.com

Post by HansV »

You don't have to click OK. After selecting DuckDuckGo from the dropdown box, Firefox will automatically save your preference.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks Hans......I don't doubt what you say should happen but mine remains the same!!!! As the screen shot shows DuckDuckGo is selected but for some reason Firefox does not save the preference. PUZZLED Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

What happens if you type something in the address bar?
S2371.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

You may (or may not!) be interested to know that the default search engine in Firefox in Linux Mint 19 is DuckDuckGo*!

* "The name was derived from the [allegedly - I've never heard of it!] popular children’s game (or adults), Duck, Duck, Goose, but it’s not a metaphor, according to their community page."
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

<slightly off topic>
I have now started using the DuckDuckGo browser on my Android devices. It seems to do a good job on privacy
StuartR

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Awake and somewhat refreshed. Hans; typing eg <moriel.org/ > [as screenshot shows] simply lists multiple links to the said web site but <"start page" which claims to be the worlds most private search engine> remains my home page & incidentally, only requires one click to set as the Home Page. I only thought I would give duckduckgo a try as a close friend swears by it. :thankyou: Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Changing the search engine does not automatically change your home page. You can set your home page in the Home section of Options.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks again Hans...not the sharpest knife in the box I'm afraid but trying, on the wrong side of eighty means the hard drive is still in the Windows 8 era & slow..............cheers Dave.

...with a little help from friends finally got there... :thankyou: :cheers: Dave.