Malwarebytes Experiences Major Security Flaws

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Re: Malwarebytes Experiences Major Security Flaws

Post by Doc.AElstein »

viking33 wrote:...... bleeping computer .... good site for DL it.
JoeP wrote:......... Another reliable source ...... is http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (along with several other specialized malware utilities).
Joe
Interesting, maybe I will try the BLEEPINGCOMPUTER to see if they have anything, although recently I thought maybe to never use generic download sites, even ones like Chip or other prominent ones always seemed to end up with me getting junk ( and possibly viruses ) …
Alan

P.s.
@ Hans
HansV wrote:I haven't used AdwCleaner. I can't seem to find the website of its publisher, only generic download sites (which I try to avoid if possible).
Last Tuesday I downloaded it from here ( as I noted as part of my attempts in that Pareto Logic Thread )…I think it looks like website of its publisher? - It is in German Site, but if I try to find the English site I get redirected to other rubbish ?
http://www.adwcleaner.de/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It seemed to come down OK. ( But I do not know if anything else came with it. I am getting to the point of never wanting to download anything.. to be on the safe side, although the first thing currently on offer at BLEEPINGCOMPUTER is a Beta of a ransom blocker. That tempts me a bit. I got clobbered a last year with CryptoWall 3.1, and just recently In German News they have been saying the Ransom virus stuff is getting a bit out of hand here just recently… )
Last edited by Doc.AElstein on 13 Mar 2016, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I can't find anything about http://www.adwcleaner.de/ so I'd rather not go there.
BleepingComputer does appear to be a reliable download site for AdwCleaner.

And be careful: Scammers Are Using a Fake Version of AdwCleaner to Trick People...
Best wishes,
Hans

Doc.AElstein
BronzeLounger

Post by Doc.AElstein »

Thanks Hans, I will be careful of that.
I did just edit my last post and say I can only find rubbish or get rediredted to rubbish when I try the Publisher's English site.

That link I gave looks a genuine German site of the Publisher.
But you are right of course to be suspicious.
( Maybe that download last tuseday gave me some problems?? )

Oh dear.
I think it is slowling getting to be time never to download stuff. But maybe i will try BleepingComputer quick, before they get infected!!
Alan
I am having difficulty logging in with this account just now.
You can find me at DocAElstein also