Mail Delivery Status Notification

Gloria E
5StarLounger

Mail Delivery Status Notification

Post by Gloria E »

Mail notices are showing up stating: This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 0 seconds.

The address noted is for one of my friends who changed her address weeks ago,the notice lists her old address. I send emails to her almost every day and she receives them and replies. Her address is listed correctly in my Address Book, so how is her incorrect address being found?

Is there some way to correct this error?

Gloria E
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive & well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, red wine in the other, body thoroughly used up. Totally worn out & screaming "Wow, Wee What a ride!

HansV
Administrator

Re: Mail Delivery Status Notification

Post by HansV »

Check carefully for which message these notifications are. Sometimes, the mail system will try to deliver a message again and again if it fails. So it might be an old message from before she switched e-mail addresses.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

Gloria E wrote:Her address is listed correctly in my Address Book, so how is her incorrect address being found?
Gloria E
Have you checked to make sure that her old address is not in your address book?

Ken

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Is it possible that her incorrect address is in your nickname file?

I know that this can happen in Outlook, but I am not familiar with outlook express.

What do you see if you start typing your friend's name into the To: box?
StuartR

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

StuartR wrote:Is it possible that her incorrect address is in your nickname file?
OE only has one address book file, it has a .wab extension but it can hold multiple entries for a person and display them as real names or nicknames. Autocomplete will match the address book in various ways and it is possible to select the wrong person. For example, if I start to type the first name of a friend, 'm', autocomplete first offers someone else whose first name begins with 'a' but with a surname beginning with 'm' :hairout:

Also, once you get a name into the To field, you only see the name in what every format you've set to be dispalyed, the underlying email address is not shown

Helpful isn't it?

Ken