My Mail is Going to Junk Folder

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

My Mail is Going to Junk Folder

Post by CharliesDaughter »

I am very frustrated using live Mail instead of Outlook Express- and I really don't find Outlook a great alternative.

Live Mail is somehow deciding that a lot of my e-mails - from my friends - are Junk! I have not marked them junk! How does that happen?

On the same subject, if I want some mail to be junk so it automatically goes into the Junk folder, clicking on Junk and selecting either Add Sender to Blocked List 0r Add Sender's Domain to Blocked List doesn't help because if I look at the blocked list, nothing is in it.

Can you help? I'm about to toss this application and start using web based email, which I have shuddered at the thought of for years!

Thanks.

CD

HansV
Administrator

Re: My Mail is Going to Junk Folder

Post by HansV »

Try the following:
- Activate the Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features control panel, depending on your Windows version.
- Select Windows Live Essentials.
- Click Uninstall/Change.
- Click 'Repair all Windows Live programs'.
x760.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Hi CD, it could be because your not signed in to WLM with your Windows Live ID.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

Check your Junk Mail filter:
WLMSafetyOptions.jpg
WLMSafetyOptions2.jpg
You might be able to adjust your settings here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

You are correct. I have a Hotmail account which I believe is my Windows Live account. However, the Hotmail account is for a very specific purpose, and I use Windows Live Mail only with my regular AT&T account.

So, what you're telling me, I think, is that I will continue to have this problem unless I sign on with my Hotmail (Live) username and password? Gives me one more reason not to like Windows Live. I will agree there are some good features but I want to be able to control the account, not have it control me! Is there no way to get around that?

Thanks.

cd

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

You do not have to sign in to your Hotmail account to use WLM. Your setup should be just fine.

What are you junk mail settings?

Joe
Joe

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

Don't have any and I have not been able to change anything. Up to this point, I would highlight a message in the Inbox that was Junk and would then have the option to Add sender's email address to blocked list, or the sender's domain to blocked list. That has not worked and then suddenly all the good messages were going to the Junk folder and I had to move them back out. I went into the restricted sites via IE and took out any addresses in there. I think that helped but didn't stop the problem entirely.

CD

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

CD,
In my WLM, I sign-in, add the accounts I use then delete the Hotmail Acc. My contacts are stored in my Hotmail Acc. so I can add them to mail I send automatically, it also assists in 'Safe / Blocked' filtering.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

I've seen several posts at other sites saying that a repair of WLM appeared to fix the blocked senders uissue. Did you try the repair that Hans suggested?

Joe
Joe

CharliesDaughter
Lounger

I had already done that when I heard from Hans. I've done it again; however, not at home at the moment so I won't be able to check until tonight; too difficult to try from the office. I'll let you know, however,the first time it did not work. I'm willing to keep trying up to a point and then will chuck it all. Anyone know a good alternative?

CD

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

Have you checked the event logs to see if there are any errors there?

Are you running any third party applications that may block permanent registry changes?

Joe
Joe