Storage Folders Windows Live Mail

RonH
SilverLounger

Storage Folders Windows Live Mail

Post by RonH »

I have both Hotmail and other POP3 email local accounts (managed to set up a new .no one today :clapping: ). I prefer to store emails in Folders within each local .no account rather than within WLM Storage Folders. But, reading elsewhere suggests that I could loose these emails? Does this mean that all my emails are actually 'on the server only' and not kept on my pc and they could be deleted even though I have all my Settings at 'Do not leave a copy on Server' for non 'cloud' email services.

Showing my ignorance here I'm afraid :sad:

Just found this on the net ...
If you remove an account from WLMail, all of the account folders and emails are removed.
Emails and folders under Storage folders are not removed when an account is removed.
When importing emails, WLMail cannot associate the emails with an account, so the emails are placed under Storage folders.

It suggests that if I am keeping emails the way I like to (per above) as soon as I delete the redundant account I will loose the emails even though I do not keep them on the server. Confusion exists ... big time :groan:

Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Re: Storage Folders Windows Live Mail

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Ron,
why not use Gmail as your storage, here's how I do it.
WLM Tips.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Storage Folders Windows Live Mail

Post by RonH »

Mucho Grassyass George
Ron
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.