Automatically change signature based on From Address

jonnathanjons
Lounger

Automatically change signature based on From Address

Post by jonnathanjons »

Hello How are you?
I would like to see if its possible to change the signature automatically as we change the personal email address to a team's Shared email in the From Address box.

We use outlook 365 and recently we migrated our Team's shared id to outlook. So we have 2 ids to send and receive emails. But when new or emails are responded from shared inbox it only shows one signature instead of Team's signature. would a macro script can help to change the signature automatically if I change my personal email id to Team's email id in the From Address box.

Thanks .very grateful for all your support.

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Automatically change signature based on From Address

Post by StuartR »

Are you using Outlook online from a web browser, or is this the Outlook client on a PC?

With the PC client you can adjust this from the dialog box where you create the signature. There is a dropdown box labelled "E-mail account:" and you can create a different signature for each account on the PC.
StuartR

jonnathanjons
Lounger

Post by jonnathanjons »

Thanks for the response. I use Outlook client 365.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

So have you got this working now?
If not then see Multiple Signatures for Different Email accounts
StuartR

jonnathanjons
Lounger

Post by jonnathanjons »

HI,

I am looking to see if there are vba script that can run to change the signature automtically when I change the from address. ie a change in the from address that can trigger a vba script to run and replace the signature

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

You don't need a script to do this. Try it. Outlook changes the signature when you change the from address
StuartR

jonnathanjons
Lounger

Post by jonnathanjons »

Hello Thanks for the advise. Yes it worked after several efforts. Our Team's shared id was set up as an Additional Mailbox inside our Personal id ie Account Settings> Personal id>settingsAdvanced> Mailbox and NOT a New Account like Personal id. This did not automatically change the signature as the shared id is under the Personal id. So I had to remove the mailbox from under Additional mailbox and create as a separate New Account. This is not standard as per our Organisation protocol. but I had to change it to achieve it..But its working fine and really gald to see the signature gettng changed automatically as I change the From address. Thanks again for your advises.