Text in Outlook spontaneously began displaying incorrectly

jmt356
SilverLounger

Text in Outlook spontaneously began displaying incorrectly

Post by jmt356 »

All of my text in Outlook (emails, calendar and contact entries) spontaneously began appearing as shown in the screenshot below, as though there is spacing between my letters (though the spacing is actually set to Normal), as though there is indentation before and after my paragraphs (though there is no indention set in the paragraphs) and as though the line spacing is set to 1.5 (though it is actual set to single spacing).
There doesn’t appear to be a way to change it back to normal.
Outlook font.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Text in Outlook spontaneously began displaying incorrectly

Post by jmt356 »

Has anyone seen anything like this happen?
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

No, and I cannot find any mention of it either.
Best wishes,
Hans

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I just realized an "Immersive Reader" tab in Outlook. I have no idea how it got there or when. Under Immersive Reader, Text Spacing was selected. That is the reason for the spacing in my font and paragraphs in text displayed in my emails. I unselected it and it fixed this spacing issue.

However, I still have a problem with indentation where text starts a few inches indented from the left and ends a few inches indented from the right.
Regards,

JMT

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I just realized how to fix the indentation issue. Under Immersive Reader, select Column Width and then Wide.

Narrow was previously selected. I have no idea how these settings ended up being selected on my computer. I did not choose them.
Regards,

JMT

kdock
5StarLounger

Post by kdock »

Thanks for posting this. I've been taken by surprise by new Outlook features before. Good to know how to deal with this one.

Best, Kim
"Hmm. What does this button do?" Said everyone before being ejected from a car, blown up, or deleting all the data from the mainframe.