Customizing Outlook 2016 Quick Access Bar

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Customizing Outlook 2016 Quick Access Bar

Post by hlewton »

Using Outlook 2016 when I forward an email the first attachment is what I see. I would like to move the “Forward option to the left so it is ahead of the “Reply” option.

When I try to customize that I see what is in the second attachment. When I highlight the “Forward” option, as you can see, I do not have the option to move it up or down.

What do I need to do to move that Forward” option to the left? Or better yet to make this ribbon look like the one in the third attachment named Customize2.jpg?

Thanks
Customize1.jpg
Customize.jpg
Customize2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
hlewton

HansV
Administrator

Re: Customizing Outlook 2016 Quick Access Bar

Post by HansV »

Your subject mentions "Quick Access Bar" but your screenshots show that you are trying to customize the ribbon, not the Quick Access Toolbar.
The Respond group is a built-in group; you cannot reorder its buttons, nor can you hide the group.
You could create a new group and add buttons to it in your preferred order, but the Respond group would still be visible, unless you hid the entire Message tab of the ribbon, and created a whole new tab. That seems overkill to me.

How the group is displayed depends on the width of the message window.
- If the window is very narrow, the entire Respond group will be collapsed to a single button with a dropdown arrow.
- As you make the window wider, more will be displayed:

S3360.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

hlewton
PlatinumLounger

Re: Customizing Outlook 2016 Quick Access Bar

Post by hlewton »

HansV wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 13:57
Your subject mentions "Quick Access Bar" but your screenshots show that you are trying to customize the ribbon, not the Quick Access Toolbar.
The Respond group is a built-in group; you cannot reorder its buttons, nor can you hide the group.
You could create a new group and add buttons to it in your preferred order, but the Respond group would still be visible, unless you hid the entire Message tab of the ribbon, and created a whole new tab. That seems overkill to me.

How the group is displayed depends on the width of the message window.
- If the window is very narrow, the entire Respond group will be collapsed to a single button with a dropdown arrow.
- As you make the window wider, more will be displayed:

S3360.png
Thank you and you're correct I did call the ribbon by the wrong name. I see what you mean by adjusting the size of the window too, Thanks again.
Regards,
hlewton