Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome

jmt356
SilverLounger

Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome

Post by jmt356 »

Is there a way by using my keyboard to access my Google Chrome bookmarks as I can my IE Favorites (alt, A)?

Also, when I downloaded and installed Lastpass, it worked for Internet Explorer. During the Installation, it gives me a choice to install it for IE only. How can I install it for Google Chrome? I am working with version 1.70.1.0, which I believe is the latest version.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Re: Shortcut to bookmarks; Lastpass

Post by HansV »

I don't know of a keyboard shortcut to Favorites.

I don't know LastPass, but reinstalling would seem to be the way to extend it to Chrome. Can you backup the password storage before doing so?
Best wishes,
Hans

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

For Chrome...
Open Chrome....
Go to the 'Wrench" (top right)...go to 'Tools"...go to "extensions"....go to "get more extensions" (lower right) search for LastPass and install.

LastPass must be installed for each browser.

As Hans said, LastPass will not import all of your 'passwords' , you must train it on each site.
Mike J

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

A little correction....

Lastpass can import passwords from other password managers or from a file.

I noticed that the list did include Firefox Password Manager.
Mike J

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

LastPass when installed in Google Chrome doesn't recognize the email address associated with the LastPass account that I created when I installed LastPass into IE. Then, when I try to create a new Lastpass account using my current account email address, lastpass says the email address is in use. So which is it? Why won't lastpass recognize the email address if it is in use??

Also, for Google Chrome users: where is my bookmarks bar? Every time I book mark a page, I can't access it again. How do I retrieve my bookmarked pages. IE made this easy: alt + A + the first letter of the name under which you saved a web page to Favorites + enter.
Regards,

JMT

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

If you are talking about going to your Lastpass Vault account...your vault should be assessable across all browsers. You only need one account to use with all browsers.

As for Bookmarks, by default the bookmark bar only will show (along with thumbnails of recent pages ) when you click on 'new tab'.
Also you can click on the 'wrench' in the right corner and click on 'bookmark manager'

or you can click the 'wrench' tools and check 'always show bookmark bar'.
Mike J

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

So Google Chrome doesn't support keyboard shortcuts like IE? You have to click on the bookmark with the mouse?

Hans: would it be possible to rename this thread "Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome," since it's related to Chrome and may thus generate more interest?
Regards,

JMT

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

I do know that you can Ctrl+Shift+B to get to the bookmarks bar, but I am not sure if you can keyboard a particular bookmark. I will investigate.
Mike J

HansV
Administrator

Re: Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome

Post by HansV »

OK, done.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

jmt356 wrote:So Google Chrome doesn't support keyboard shortcuts like IE? You have to click on the bookmark with the mouse?

Hans: would it be possible to rename this thread "Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome," since it's related to Chrome and may thus generate more interest?
Check out http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bi ... opic=28650" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
or do a search on 'Google Chrome keyboard shortcuts' without quotes.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

jmt356
SilverLounger

Re: Shortcut to bookmarks and Lastpass for Google Chrome

Post by jmt356 »

It looks like, from DaveA’s post, that a keyboard shortcut that could be used is ctrl + shift + B and then F6 twice until the keyboard is active in the bookmarks area, and then the arrow keys to get to the desired bookmark. This is less efficient that IE, which allows for quick access to Favorites (shortcuts) with alt + A + the first letter of the saved name of the web page + enter.
Regards,

JMT