Google Chrome Themes

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Google Chrome Themes

Post by Roderunner »

Hi Folks, in the short time of using Chrome, I have installed a theme called 'Waterfall' but can't find how to get it to appear other than in the 'New Tab' page.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Re: Google Chrome Themes

Post by Rudi »

The theme wouldn't show while browsing web pages as the web page is not transparent. However the theme should still show through your page tabs and title bar at the top of the screen. Does this happen for you?
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

NO! theme only appears as this.
1.JPG
2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Maybe your chrome version is different to mine, but on a test theme I notice that the tabs and shortcut bar display the theme always and only the Google page shows the entire theme image...

It could also be a theme design. (Maybe some themes modify the entire GUI of Chrome and others only add a background image and do not affect the rest of the GUI. You may want to experiment on a few other themes to test.
Image 011.jpg
Image 012.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If you visit the Chrome Web Store and look at the themes offered there, you'll see that some change the entire Chrome interface (such as the "Into the Mist" theme shown by Rudi), while others contain only a background image (such as the Waterfall theme).

There is a theme named Forest Waterfall that does change the tab colours etc.
S151.png
Best wishes,
Hans

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Will try as suggested. I have always had http://WWW.Google.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; as my home page. My reason for having it as the New Tab was the only way I then knew of to get it to appear.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

Just spent the last 20 minutes trying to add a theme to Chrome using the Thunderbird download page. Now I have Forest Waterfall theme.
This is how it looks on my New Tab page.
n.JPG
This is how it looks on my Home Page
h.JPG
Will try a few more to see if things change.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

As you can see, the title bar, the address bar and the favorites bar have a different colour now.
The Google homepage has a non-transparent white background, so you won't see the forest there. Neither will you see it here in Eileen's Lounge.
(And that's actually A Good Thing™, otherwise you wouldn't be able to see the forest for the trees... :grin:)
Best wishes,
Hans

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Thanks for raising the topic of Themes for Google's Chrome. I was getting tired of the bland white display!
Regards,
Bob

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

BobArch2 wrote:Thanks for raising the topic of Themes for Google's Chrome. I was getting tired of the bland white display!
Hi BobArch2, I had been doing some theme testing and ended back where I started.
Some themes changed the colour on all areas of my image on every page, others only showed on the New Tab page. Some were so dark, they hid my links for Gmail, images etc.
RR.JPG
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

BobArch2
BronzeLounger

Post by BobArch2 »

Roderunner wrote:
BobArch2 wrote:Thanks for raising the topic of Themes for Google's Chrome. I was getting tired of the bland white display!
Hi BobArch2, I had been doing some theme testing and ended back where I started.
I have only tried one theme so far ... Rudi's Into The Mist. Will try others.
2017-08-15_12-04-16.jpg
Regards,
Bob

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

I use Waterfall on mine.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

I only picked "Into the Mist" as a test theme for testing themes LOL. I prefer not to use any picture theme as it obscures things (as George mentions). I quickly went back to the standard Chrome theme after I made those screenshots. On the other hand, I'm not against themes as some of them can be quite nice and they do add a bit of variety to the interface. They must just not take away from it or make it unclear and difficult to use.
Regards,
Rudi

Roderunner
5StarLounger

Post by Roderunner »

My favourite theme was Noia when FF was my browser.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.