Unresponsive pages in Google Chrome

jmt356
SilverLounger

Unresponsive pages in Google Chrome

Post by jmt356 »

Over about the past two weeks, I have been getting the following error message from Google with increasing frequency:
"The following pages have become unresponsive you can wait for them or kill them"

On some days, it is happening as often as three times.

What is causing this and how can I fix it?
Regards,

JMT

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Re: Unresponsive pages in Google Chrome

Post by Rebel »

A simple Google search on "The following pages have become unresponsive you can wait for them or kill them" will result in an amazing number of possible answers. Google really is your friend! :grin:
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

jmt356
SilverLounger

Post by jmt356 »

I already tried a Google search, including suggestions to update Google Chrome. Unfortunately, I find the advice on Google to be of very limited value; most of what I find is either inapplicable, outdated or just wrong. The answers I get on this forum, in contrast, give me the solutions I need about 75% of the time, which is much higher than I have found anywhere else.

The only last resort advice I found on Google that I am worth trying is to uninstall and reinstall Chrome, but I am hoping someone on this forum might know of a less drastic measure.
Regards,

JMT

Rebel
4StarLounger
Location: Recently moved to Bracebridge - in the heart of Muskoka.

Post by Rebel »

I'm baffled as to why you find the advice on Google searches to be "of very limited value". While there are certainly pages that provide little or limited value, I've been able to solve most problems that I've encountered by "Googling". In almost every case, someone has had the identical problem and someone has posted the solution to that problem. But perhaps your problems are a bit more unique than mine.

However, if you don't get any other suggestions in the Lounge that you consider satisfactory, reinstalling Chrome is not really a "drastic measure". Many times, a fresh install (of almost any program) may clear up "unsolvable" problems.

That being said, this page (which I found using a Google search) provides an excellent guide to the uninstall and a reinstall. Although not required, if you already have a Google account, you can sign into that account after you have reinstalled Chrome. This will enable you to sync your bookmarks, extensions, themes, saved passwords, and form data.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Rebel on 17 Dec 2016, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
John :canada:
A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Rudi
gamma jay

Post by Rudi »

Two options you could try... (as a shot in the dark!)

1. Block third party cookies and see if that improves page load
Go to Chrome advanced settings, Privacy, Content Settings and tick the Block 3rd party cookies and site data
SC001.jpg
2. If you have CCleaner, open it and run a fill cleanup making sure it deletes Temp. Internet files and Cookies.
Then reopen and run Chrome again.

Any differences?? :crossfingers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Rudi

If your absence does not affect them, your presence didn't matter.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

It may help if you were to post a few links to these non-responsive sites?

I have found that most that I have run into using any browser, are so full a linked ads with graphics that it takes forever to load.
I tend not to go back to these sites and it is their lose not mine.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living