Chrome...

MikeS
Lounger

Re: Chrome...

Post by MikeS »

GeoffW wrote:Chrome 1 failed (ie incorrectly rendered and lost some data as a result) on a rather critical website. I haven't tried since.
I just found out I can't even use it on my Dr's site, so I guess I'll just continue to use it for this lounge and Google news. I guess it's just not ready for prime time yet. :sad:
Mike

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

MikeS wrote:I just found out I can't even use it on my Dr's site, so I guess I'll just continue to use it for this lounge and Google news. I guess it's just not ready for prime time yet. :sad:
I've been using Chrome almost-exclusively for the past six months, except for the times I run across websites that won't accept it. Over time the frequency of incidents where I must switch browsers to view a site have decreased dramatically. YMMV, but now I can reasonably expect to go for weeks using Chrome without having to fire up IE.
Samantha

MikeS
Lounger

Post by MikeS »

Samantha wrote:I've been using Chrome almost-exclusively for the past six months, except for the times I run across websites that won't accept it. Over time the frequency of incidents where I must switch browsers to view a site have decreased dramatically. YMMV, but now I can reasonably expect to go for weeks using Chrome without having to fire up IE.
Good to know...thanks Samantha. Do you have it set as your default browser?
Mike

Samantha
3StarLounger

Post by Samantha »

Yes, Chrome's been my default browser for at least the past six months. I must admit I hated it when I first switched, but I had committed to doing a full and fair trial, and once I got used to it I was hooked.
Samantha

westerneagle
2StarLounger

Post by westerneagle »

Have been using Chrome for a month or two and like it. Just once in a while a web page will say it will not work in Chrome. . .

I use the extensions, "Doc reader' and LastPass" Both work ok. LastPass will sometimes aske to remember the webpage password even though I know it has it in the vault. But just a minor thing.

It took a while to get use to the placement of the tabs, but now I like it.
Mike J

IMNetUser
3StarLounger

Post by IMNetUser »

Hi Mike,

FWIT - I have used Chrome and installed on all my computers as a backup when I need to access TWO different Yahoo Mail profiles on same computer at same time.

Still prefer FireFox with my customized extensions - but admit that Chrome is really fast on older machines with older Windows. I also have added Chrome to my Ultimate Boot CD when I need to boot a computer with problems - don't care for the IE default on the disk.
Scott

Charlotte
Her Majesty

Post by Charlotte »

I started using Chrome because gmail works better in it than in IE8. That said, gmail is the ONLY thing I use chrome for. I run ZoneAlarm Forcefield to protect from malicious sites but it doesn't work in Chrome. I don't like the stripped down interface of Chrome and the extensions are pretty pathetic. I haven't found any noticeable performance difference between IE and Chrome except for gmail, and I won't let an email UI drive the rest of my browsing. :nope:
Charlotte

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

I'm finally getting around to trying Chrome, now up to V 6.0.nnn. But it doesn't seem to coexist well with FF sessions - since installing Chrome I'm getting intermittent BSOD's with a memory error (to be caught later - PrintScreen doesn't seem to work in a BSOD :bummer: :evilgrin:) sometimes when I merely click on a new tab, in EITHER program, IF I have used both progs in one session. Anyone else having this problem? Fully patched XP MCE.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens