Opera Browser

BobH
UraniumLounger

Opera Browser

Post by BobH »

I don't use IE because I've had problems with it in the past and find it less than desirable wrt speed, size, etc. My primary browser is Firefox which I keep updated. Recently I installed Opera because a small website that I visit stopped working in Firefox and the site hosts failed to fix the problem.

Can anyone tell me how to get to the user options in Opera? For some reason that I cannot ferret out, there is a tab opened regarding Ghostery each time I open it. I'd like to get rid of it. I would also like to specify the default opening URL but cannot discover how to do so. Lastly, the only search engine it seems to want or deal with is google which I abhor and prefer to sidestep, but I cannot find the means to specify other search engines nor to disable google.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

jonwallace
5StarLounger
Location: "What a mighty long bridge to such a mighty little old town"

Re: Opera Browser

Post by jonwallace »

If you're talking about the chromeified Opera 20something, try alt-p for preferences or ctrl-shift-e for extensions (if it's an extension option)
Real Opera - 12.17 is the latest - try Tools-preferences or ctrl-f12, or ctrl-shift-e for extensions.

Honestly though, "new" opera is more like a crippled version of Chrome than Opera, so you might be happier with Chrome.
John

“Always trust a microbiologist because they have the best chance of predicting when the world will end”
― Teddie O. Rahube