AdBlock Plus surprise

PaulB
BronzeLounger

AdBlock Plus surprise

Post by PaulB »

I installed AdBlock Plus some 4-6 months ago. The following message appeared when I opened a link with Fx 8 this morning. I don't understand why it would appear now. Does AdBlock Plus update and re-install itself? Is there something else going on? Any thoughts?
adblock.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Re: AdBlock Plus surprise

Post by PaulB »

Sorry, please ignore. A quick check shows that automatic updates are set to "default" and that AdBlock Plus was indeed updated to version 2.0.1 today. I'm anxious to see how "allow(ing) non-intrusive advertising" works out.
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'll be honest when I say, Paul, that I didn't get a popup like you did. But, I did get a popup this morning that some kind of new "filter" had been added. I treated it casually and discarded the popup. Now I can't find what it said.

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

PaulB wrote:I'm anxious to see how "allow(ing) non-intrusive advertising" works out.
I too got this Adblock Plus update yesterday. Since it couldn't be missed, an extra tab opened with it 'in yer face' so I clicked through to see what it was about.

I instantly disallowed non-intrusive advertising and enabled the disabled filters in my subscribed lists. I installed Ad-block to stop advertising not let some of it through!

Ken

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

Not liking this new version at all. It has "broken" at least one site I visit daily. It prevents the running of videos that are preceded by an ad... no ad, no video. Looking into restoring older version!
Regards,
Paul