Browsing History

curious
3StarLounger

Browsing History

Post by curious »

Hello -

Ever since I've been using Firefox I have been puzzled why my history is remembered for months (History, Show All History), even though in Privacy/Use Custom Settings/Remember my browsing history for 3 days is chosen.

Checking about:config, I have browser.history_expire_days_min; 3

When I checked in History, there were about 6 months listed. I manually deleted them
(Currenly using 3.6.13)

Where can I change this to reflect my 3 day choice? My thanks.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: Browsing History

Post by Bigaldoc »

I am upgraded to 4.0 so I don't remember what my OPTIONS said in earlier versions. BUT, in my About:Config there is also this entry:

browser.history_expire_days.mirror

And in my case it's set to 180. You might check to see if the same entry is there in the 3.x version.

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Thanks, Al. Mine is also set to 180.

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

For Firefox 3.6 that is a minimum number of days to store history. To set a maximum number of days you need to change a hidden preference. In about:config double-click on the preference browser.history_expire_days and set it to the number of days you want to keep history.

Firefox 4 no longer uses those settings and uses a different method to decide how much history to store - http://blog.bonardo.net/2010/01/20/plac ... expiration" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony

curious
3StarLounger

Post by curious »

Tony, Hi -

I have it set for 3 day but the History/Show All History had months stored there. Am I not understanding what the Show All History is telling me? Should it show past history even though only 3 days has been indicated?