Can I open FF4 with ONLY App Tabs?

Goshute
3StarLounger

Can I open FF4 with ONLY App Tabs?

Post by Goshute »

The current FF4 interface seems to require that I have at least one home page to open in addition to the App Tabs. Is there a way I can open FF4 with ONLY App Tabs?
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

StuartR
Administrator

Re: Can I open FF4 with ONLY App Tabs?

Post by StuartR »

Even when I set the startup to "Show my windows and tabs from last time" and clear the home page, it still opens a page to about:home
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StuartR

Argus
GoldLounger

Re: Can I open FF4 with ONLY App Tabs?

Post by Argus »

I would have guessed that if for example A and B are app tabs, and you then set A and B as your home pages, it would recognise that those are indeed app tabs; something like that, but no. App tabs are a bit special; and still new.

It was discussed during the development; there were some problems since there is also a feature to restore last session, and if that doesn’t work they will have to load something. And they have also been discussing creating a Home tab, which could be the place for some interesting things, and it seems like until then, they will have to load something, about:home or about:blank etc.

There was a Bugzilla report on this, discussing what Stuart mentioned.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=588733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guess we'll see some Home tab thingy in the next version.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.