FF4 & Faviconize

Goshute
3StarLounger

FF4 & Faviconize

Post by Goshute »

I'm getting bizarre tab behavior in FF4 on XP using Faviconize tab iconizer, and wonder if other users are seeing these behaviors, with or without Faviconize installed.

1. Tabs don't collapse left to fill a closed tab; they leave a gap, like a mouth missing teeth.

2. I have not figured out the exact trigger, but if I open too many tabs, more than about 12, all but the leftmost start resizing back and forth, and don't settle down, and I get the most amazing conga line of tabs moving left and right, and the further right the tab, the wider the range of movement, which makes it really hard to click on any particular tab. (I am not making this up.)

I may need to get some kind of screen videocapture program and attach a short video graphic to illustrate the second behavior.

I have not started experimenting with solutions, so I'll post back as I get time.
Goshute
I float in liquid gardens

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Re: FF4 & Faviconize

Post by Bigaldoc »

I don't see either behavior, John. Although I never have more than 5 or 6 tabs open, I opened 13 just now as a test and scrolled back and forth to view those at either end. Nary a hiccup. Must be that addon.

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

Bigaldoc wrote:...Must be that addon.
Sounds more like something John's been smoking to me!!
StuartR

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

Bigaldoc wrote:...Must be that addon.
Yes, disabling Faviconize cures the problem. It's annoying that it's reported as compatible with FF4.
StuartR wrote:Sounds more like something John's been smoking to me!!
I wish. Though the behavior I'm seeing would be more consistent with amphetamines or hallucinogens. :innocent:
Goshute

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

The gap problem is known, solution here: http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox ... conizetab/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Somewhat counterintuitively, the solution is to open about:config in the address bar and then set browser.tabs.animate to false.

But I still have conga line tabs. :groan:

EDIT: the crazy back and forth tab resizing apparently occurs only with the Faviconize option "Does not hide close button" checked. (That's Japenglish for "Do not hide close button."). So I unchecked the option and will have to use Ctrl-W to close tabs instead of clicking the now absent close button.
Last edited by Goshute on 05 Apr 2011, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.
Goshute

TonyE
3StarLounger

Post by TonyE »

Have you tried using the built-in App Tab feature instead? It is very similar to what the FaviconizeTab add-on does.

If you have not used it before, you can right-click on a tab and choose "Pin as App Tab" to create an App Tab.
Tony

Goshute
3StarLounger

Post by Goshute »

THAT's what I'm looking for - thanks Tony. :thumbup:
Goshute