Second Page Not Printing

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Second Page Not Printing

Post by Don Wells »

I am running FireFox 3.6.13
    The attached document displays correctly, yet fails to print any data past the first page. When opened in IE-7 it prints correctly.
    Can someone pinpoint the cause/cure of the problem? :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards
Don

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Re: Second Page Not Printing

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Don Wells wrote:I am running FireFox 3.6.13 The attached document displays correctly, yet fails to print any data past the first page. When opened in IE-7 it prints correctly. Can someone pinpoint the cause/cure of the problem? :thankyou:
Sorry - I can't identify a problem. Your file prints from my copy of FireFox 3.6.13 on my HP LaserJet 4L (of very antique vintage!) both in landscape and portrait mode on two sheets of A4 paper. The second sheets have no data only the title and the file path at the top of each sheet.

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

MalcolmWalker wrote: Sorry - I can't identify a problem. Your file prints from my copy of FireFox 3.6.13 on my HP LaserJet 4L (of very antique vintage!) both in landscape and portrait mode on two sheets of A4 paper. The second sheets have no data only the title and the file path at the top of each sheet.
Hi Malcolm
    Thanks for your input. I'm using a Canon i850, and it sounds as though our results are identical. I wonder what the results would be with an earlier version of FireFox or on the Beta version of FireFox 4.
Regards
Don

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

Don Wells wrote:
MalcolmWalker wrote: Sorry - I can't identify a problem. Your file prints from my copy of FireFox 3.6.13 on my HP LaserJet 4L (of very antique vintage!) both in landscape and portrait mode on two sheets of A4 paper. The second sheets have no data only the title and the file path at the top of each sheet.
Hi Malcolm
    Thanks for your input. I'm using a Canon i850, and it sounds as though our results are identical. I wonder what the results would be with an earlier version of FireFox.
It seems to be a known issue - you could try here even though it's about web pages:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HTH

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

MalcolmWalker wrote: It seems to be a known issue - you could try here even though it's about web pages:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Problems_printing_web_pages" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
HTH
Thanks Malcolm :thankyou:
Regards
Don

jscher2000
2StarLounger

Post by jscher2000 »

I wish someone would squash these print bugs. In this case, the table containing almost all the content on the page has its height set to 310. Why is this ignored for purposes of screen rendering, but messes up print rendering? Who knows.

To remove that setting so it can be printed, you can use this bookmarklet (copy and paste to the address bar, then press Enter):

Code: Select all

javascript:var t=document.getElementsByTagName("table");for(var i=0;i<t.length;i++){if(t[i].getAttribute("height")=="310"){t[i].removeAttribute("height");break;}} void 0;
But I can't think of a general rule to detect/correct this sort of problem.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Post by John Gray »

Personally I have found that Firefox's printing of web pages is a matter of luck. Sometimes almost nothing is printed, sometimes there's nothing on the first page bar headers and footers, and things start printing on page 2, and so on. It seems to be particularly bad at printing stuff from Microsoft websites!

Having said that, even Internet Explorer can have trouble with printing web pages...
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

Don Wells
5StarLounger

Post by Don Wells »

jscher2000 wrote:

Code: Select all

javascript:var t=document.getElementsByTagName("table");for(var i=0;i<t.length;i++){if(t[i].getAttribute("height")=="310"){t[i].removeAttribute("height");break;}} void 0;
    Thank you Jefferson; and a belated welcome to Eileen's Lounge.
    Perhaps the authors of the offending page will take note.
:thankyou:
Regards
Don