FF 3.0 Download Error

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

FF 3.0 Download Error

Post by DaveInPitt »

Hello Good People of Eileen's Lounge: when downloading PDFs in Firefox 3.0, getting the attached download error. I have checked all of my File Association settings in the browser settings and Windows XP settings and I have re-installed Reader 9.1. When downloading PDFs from a different computer, no errors. PDF downloads from IE 7 work fine. Anyone have any thoughts? :thankyou:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA

HansV
Administrator

Re: FF 3.0 Download Error

Post by HansV »

Best wishes,
Hans

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Post by DaveInPitt »

Hi Hans - yes, this is one of the areas that I have been troubleshooting. Thanks for the reply. I'll keep poking around to see if I come up with anything.
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

If all else fails, you could dump Adobe Reader in favor of one of the alternatives such as Foxit Reader for Windows - it has a Firefox plugin that lets you view PDF files within the browser.
Best wishes,
Hans

DaveInPitt
StarLounger

Post by DaveInPitt »

What a joyous occasion to be able to dump Adobe.... maybe in another lifetime. Thanks again Hans, I always appreciate it.
DaveInPitt
Pittsburgh, PA

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

HansV wrote:If all else fails, you could dump Adobe Reader in favor of one of the alternatives such as Foxit Reader for Windows - it has a Firefox plugin that lets you view PDF files within the browser.
Having abandoned the Adobe Reader I used the Foxit PDF Reader for a while but was not entirely happy with it for reasons that I could not rationalize. In looking around I found the free Nitro PDF Reader that is well-featured and I would recommend it to Loungers who would not waste their time taking a look at the Website at: http://www.nitroreader.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Malcolm

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

I thought about mentioning Nitro PDF Reader, but as far as I know it still doesn't integrate with Firefox.
Best wishes,
Hans

MalcolmWalker
3StarLounger

Post by MalcolmWalker »

HansV wrote:I thought about mentioning Nitro PDF Reader, but as far as I know it still doesn't integrate with Firefox.
In Firefox I have the add-on PDF Download 3.0.0.1 that allows you to choose what to do with a PDF file: download it, view it with a external viewer or view it as HTML. The combination of the add-on and the Nitro PDF reader work seamlessly for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MalcolmWalker on 29 Jan 2011, 01:08, edited 2 times in total.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

OK, that would be a good alternative then.
Best wishes,
Hans