No sound on You Tube

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

No sound on You Tube

Post by Dave Davison »

Hi....checked the sound settings in the control panel which are normal, played some music on the HD OK but can't get any sound on You Tube stuff. Anyone else experiencing this error in the UK? Thanks Dave.

VegasNath
5StarLounger

Re: No sound on You Tube

Post by VegasNath »

No problems here Dave.
:wales: Nathan :uk:
There's no place like home.....

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Make sure that you haven't muted the sound in YouTube itself, or set the volume very low.
Unmuted.png
and
Muted.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

Thanks H. I just noticed the speaker symbol is in fact red, how it changed I haven't a clue as I was just earlier today watching an amazing short video about an invention that stops a circular saw instantly anything like a finger touched it and the sound was fine then. As I indicated, I never changed any setting for the sound and in fact I would not know how to go about it so please explain how I go about restoring it. It was only after I downloaded the video and discovered that there IS sound with it that I looked closer and saw the red cross next to the speaker. Many thanks again Dave.
ps I think the link to the above brief video is well worth watching especially for DIY men so what section would I send the link to as I realise it has no place here?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Click the button with the speaker and the red x to unmute. (The button toggled between sound and no sound).
Best wishes,
Hans

Dave Davison
SilverLounger

Post by Dave Davison »

As ever, thank you Hans.... I had tried that numerous times to no effect which I thought strange and fished around for some clues to discover that one suggestion was to run CCleaner which I did and that seems to have done the trick as just now when I opened the You Tube site the red cross is missing. CHEERS Dave.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Note: I have moved a question about CCleaner to the Other Applications forum - see What is CCleaner?.
Best wishes,
Hans