Appearance Issues

BobH
UraniumLounger

Appearance Issues

Post by BobH »

I had to reinstall Firefox today to clear up some issues. The Profile file allowed most of my preferences to reappear; however I've noticed some changes.
address bar.PNG
In the screenshot, I highlighted what I call the address bar portion of the screen layout. Prior to the reinstall I had several icons with links that appeared to the right of the blue star. They were references to installed extensions and made it easy to access content. The most important of those to me was a roboform icon that allowed me to click it and call up the app so that I could select passwords and safenotes. There were a couple of others including go pro weather.

Can anyone help me to understand what these widgets are called and how to get them back? I could find nothing searching because I lack the vocabulary to form a search argument.

:cheers: :chocciebar: :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

HansV
Administrator

Re: Appearance Issues

Post by HansV »

Probably add-ons. Click the "hamburger" menu on the right and select Add-ons and Themes, then click Extensions.
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I found the solution and thought I'd share it for any future searchers with the same problem.

In the toolbar there is a puzzle piece icon. Click once on it and a drop down menu of add-ons will appear. Right-click on the desired add-on then choose Pin to Toolbar.

Problem solved.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Intel Core i5, 3570K, 3.40 GHz, 16 GB RAM, ECS Z77 H2-A3 Mobo, Windows 10 >HPE 64-bit, MS Office 2016

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobH wrote:
11 Apr 2023, 18:53
...In the toolbar there is a puzzle piece icon. Click once on it...
Glad you 're sorted now but you reinvented the wheel because doing that takes you to exactly the same place as doing what Hans said.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

I couldn't get to Extensions (or add-ons) using the hamburger menu. Still can't.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)

stuck
Panoramic Lounger

Post by stuck »

BobH wrote:
12 Apr 2023, 01:49
I couldn't get to Extensions (or add-ons) using the hamburger menu. Still can't.
Odd, are you sure?
1) Click on the hamburger icon, i.e. the three horizontal lines in the top right, to the right of the puzzle piece icon.
2) About halfway down the menu that appears there is a line for 'Add-ons and themes', click on it.
3) The page that appears has an address of 'about:addons' and it is identical to the page you get to by just clicking on the puzzle piece icon.

Ken

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes, I'm sure. I tried that route several times. What it takes me to is the same display as if I selected Tools > Add-ons and Themes. From that page I cannot drag any extension to the Customize Toolbar page.

Do you suppose it's a Texas thing? :fanfare: :fanfare: :flee:
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)