Missing Tabs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Missing Tabs

Post by BobH »

Since adding the screenshot tool icon to my bookmarks toolbar, the tabs that used to appear below it have disappeared. They appeared in the area below the yellow line in the attached screenshot.
missing tabs.PNG
I've searched and found nothing that tells me how to fix it. I've checked settings and found nothing. The screen is in fullscreen display mode.

Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it?

:cheers: :chocciebar: :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

HansV
Administrator

Re: Missing Tabs

Post by HansV »

Aren't the tabs displayed above the Bookmarks toolbar?
Best wishes,
Hans

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

Yes, but how that row is displayed, has changed.
FX Tabs.PNG
As you can see in the screenshot, the drop down menu that appears after clicking the >> icon is a list of shortcuts, not a list of open tabs. Before this change tabs showing the last url content display appeared for the tabs selected and shown in the row below the row you identified. I don't know the correct term for this row in the headline. You can see that there is a blank row below it which is where those tabs to open pages used to appear.

I can't find anything recently posted on this issue in the Mozilla help forums. What I found dates back to 2015 which is many Fx releases ago. Other search results suggest making changes in Fx variables such as the Current Profile which I'm reluctant to do except as a last resort as I've had difficulty with this process in the past. I was hoping for a 'silver bullet' response.

I am about to try deleting Fx from my program libraries, downloading a fresh copy, installing it and looking to see if this has any effect. As best as I can recall, I have not added in new extensions or other add-ins nor have I changed Fx settings. The last change I recall was putting the scissors icon in the 4th row (ie, Title bar, Menu Bar, Bookmarks of recent pages displayed, 4th row whose correct title I cannot find, then the 5th row which is where I would like to see the open tabs represented but do not. (These rows are in the ss included in my OP.)

:cheers: :chocciebar: :cheers:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)
Dell Intel Core i5 Laptop, 3570K,1.60 GHz, 8 GB RAM, Windows 11 64-bit, LibreOffice,and other bits and bobs

BobH
UraniumLounger

Post by BobH »

UPDATE:

As I began the process of uninstalling Fx, I was prompted to do a refresh instead. I did so and the screen arrangement returned as I prefer; however, I now have to reinstall my preferred themes and add-ons.

Hope this helps someone else searching for a solution to the problem.
Bob's yer Uncle
(1/2)(1+√5)