Video download

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Video download

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello.
Would someone recommend a (free) app to download videos from the internet? I was about to install RealPlayer but understand it is bit overblown for
the purpose.
Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Re: Video download

Post by DaveA »

What is wrong with what comes with Windows?
Windows Media Player
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Hello. If I'm watching a video and right-click there is no option to save the video. Andy.
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

DaveA
GoldLounger

Post by DaveA »

Because that the 'owner" of said video has blocked the saving of the video.
I am so far behind, I think I am First :evilgrin:
Genealogy....confusing the dead and annoying the living

June Bug
Lounger

Post by June Bug »

If you use Firefox, Video DownloadHelper works well.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JB
:music:

JB

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

Thanks. Is there an app to recommend that would improve video streaming? I keep getting pauses while running videos. Andy.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

June Bug wrote:If you use Firefox, Video DownloadHelper works well.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JB
That's great, thanks. I'm still looking for an app that would improve my video streaming.. Andy.

Leif
Administrator

Post by Leif »

I think the most likely reason for poor video streaming is a poor internet connection - not necessarily yours, but somewhere between you and the server - that is slowing the data feed below what is needed.
Leif

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

agibsonsw wrote:Thanks. Is there an app to recommend that would improve video streaming? I keep getting pauses while running videos. Andy.
I don't think so. Usually you work with what you have; i.e. the settings in Real Player, Windows Media Player (WMP), Flash Player and the browser etc.
Have you tried several different sites with videos? Have you tried "cleaning" the browser cache? Can you give some example; is it using WMP, Adobe Flash Player or something else?
I agree with Leif; we see this from time to time, and if we try again, a little later, it's all OK.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

I use a broadband dongle, which is very good. If I view an 'interrupted' video I close the internet and clean the cache, etc., which normally improves the connection.
But I thought there were apps that could improve my streaming experience? Ta, Andy.

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

agibsonsw wrote:
June Bug wrote:If you use Firefox, Video DownloadHelper works well.

If for whatever reason you don't fancy using an add-on, but want a purely web-based solution for every-now-and-then downloads, I recommend this handy tool

http://www.clipconverter.cc/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Primerally for grabbing videos from flash sites like Youtube etc, it has lots of options for converting&downloading files, including several video formats [FLV, AVI, 3GP and a few more] audio only [MP3, AAC, WAV] and the ability to only convert a portion of the video. After conversion is complete, which is usually nice and snappy, you can download or email the output.

:)
Stuckling1

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

stuckling1 wrote: :)
Stuckling1
Related to our esteemed lounger stuck presumably.

Welcome to the lounge.
StuartR

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Welcome to Eileen's Lounge, mr stuckling1! Nice to see you here.
Best wishes,
Hans

stuckling1
2StarLounger

Post by stuckling1 »

Yes, @StuartR , you are correct!
Good day to y-all

:)
Stuckling1

wasbit
2StarLounger

Post by wasbit »

Welcome Stuckling1.

Not to detract from other posts in this (somewhat old) thread, there is a list of Video downloaders (see DVD 3) on my Google Docs page
- http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0BxPQVZY ... NGU5&hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Regards
wasbit