Firefox and BBC videos (Fx 3.6.9)

HansV
Administrator

Re: Firefox and BBC videos (Fx 3.6.9)

Post by HansV »

I can confirm the problem with the mouse pointer, but I can't say it bothers me - as soon as I move the mouse, the pointer is adjusted.
Best wishes,
Hans

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

Thank you. Nah, it doesn't bother me, as I mentioned I've seen it since ver. 3, I think; it is a small quirk. But now I know that it isn't me or my browser's setup.
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.

PaulB
BronzeLounger

Post by PaulB »

OK, I tried the link thing again making sure the mouse did not move and I get the same result as you. Strange, but I'm not going to get too upset about it... I really never noticed it before. (It will probably now become an obsession I can no longer overlook :hairout: ).

About the Beeb videos: while they now appear to work correctly, I have noticed one slight stutter at the very start of each video. Have you?
Regards,
Paul

The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts his sails.

Argus
GoldLounger

Post by Argus »

PaulB wrote:Have you?
Yes, I can see a slight stutter the first seconds; it seems like the player doesn't buffer enough to start the videos, and then loads a bit again. Since most of their videos are short, a minute or two, you often get action within the first seconds, so to get a "seamless" view I sometimes stop and rewind (whatever streaming videos do :grin:).
Byelingual    When you speak two languages but start losing vocabulary in both of them.