Active X Filtering in IE9

RonH
SilverLounger

Active X Filtering in IE9

Post by RonH »

According to what I read, I should be able to turn on/off this filtering on a site by site basis. It seems that its either 'all on' or 'all off' only. The 'filter button' which shows in the Address Bar when ActiveX is 'on' seems to do absolutely nothing and it is necessary to go to Safety/ActiveX and click it off ... this seems to 'click off' for all sites visited. Am I doing something wrong :scratch:

Also a question about the other part of this 'filtering', being Tracking Protection. Has anyone set up this feature and/or used one of the Online Protection Lists?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Active X Filtering in IE9

Post by HansV »

Turn on ActiveX for a specific site doesn't work for me either, so I don't use ActiveX Filtering.
Instead, I control what ActiveX is allowed to do in the Security tab of Tools | Internet Options: trusted sites can use ActiveX, but others are more restricted.

I've never bothered to turn on Tracking Protection.
Best wishes,
Hans

RonH
SilverLounger

Re: Active X Filtering in IE9

Post by RonH »

Hei Hans, thanks for comments. I was just coming back to Eileen to say that the ActiveX Filtering now seems to be functional on a site by site basis. Did a couple of reboots and must have cleared a hang-up.

Still interested in comments if others have some experience of Tracking Protection.
CYa Ron
W11 pc, Android toys.
The only reason we have the 4th dimension of Time is so that everything does not happen at once.