IE9 M.I.A.

Roderunner
5StarLounger

IE9 M.I.A.

Post by Roderunner »

Not that I'm particularly bothered, IE9 RTM is not yet added to Windows Update.
Windows 11 Home 22H2

Regards,
George.

John Gray
PlatinumLounger

Re: IE9 M.I.A.

Post by John Gray »

It's a fairly major change, so I suppose that Microsoft are letting the enthusiasts have first crack at this browser, and then mop up the apathetic later.
John Gray

"(or one of the team)" - how your appointment letter indicates you won't be seeing the Consultant...

tedshemyers
2StarLounger

Post by tedshemyers »

The large numbers that have flocked to download IE 9 RTM outside of Windows Update are those of us that can't wait for cutting edge. I suspect it will be added to Windows Update on the next Update Tuesday. IE 9 RTM is my default with Chrome a distant second. In fact the only site I use Chrome for right now is Windows Secrets Lounge because of an enhanced upload attachment problem I'm having there, otherwise IE 9 would be my choice for all sites.
Have a Great Day!
Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 MHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD, Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

StuartR
Administrator

Post by StuartR »

I'm waiting for everyone else to iron out the early bugs. I am in no hurry to update IE.

I did accept the upgrade to Firefox 4, and it's going to take me a while to get used to the changed interface, I have seen no benefits yet.
StuartR

agibsonsw
SilverLounger

Post by agibsonsw »

As a Web Developer (ha, ha) I think I'll wait for IE20.

Edited: or 22.86 :grin:
"I'm here to save your life. But if I'm going to do that, I'll need total uninanonynymity." Me Myself & Irene.

JoeP
SilverLounger

Post by JoeP »

IE9 RTW has been released to Windows Update for those who have IE9 Beta or IE9 RC installed. No word yet on when it will be generally released but I would expect it to be soon.

Joe
Joe