Different Keystrokes? - VB6

steveh
SilverLounger

Different Keystrokes? - VB6

Post by steveh »

Good afternoon

We have an operating system that is used by staff in the UK, India, Singapore, Australia and the USA and despite different keyboard layouts the program works OK. We have now opened in Korea and they have advised that if they try to key in 1000000 into a currency field they get a runtime error of 70, if they put in 99999 it is fine (One Million South Korean Won is about £562).

I spoke to the prgrammer thinking that he had not envisaged us ever invoicing or receiving an invoice that exceeded 1 million but he said that there were no controls to limit the number. He has remotely dialled into Korea and can replicate but not see what the problem is, he has dialled into all of the other Countries and it accepts it. He assures me that all of the core systems are identical and the only thing he can think of is the way that Koreans use keystrokes, apparently they use a backslash for a decimal but he has allowed for that in the code.

Is anybody else dealing with VB in that area of the world who can offer any advice?
Steve
http://www.freightpro-uk.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin

HansV
Administrator

Re: Different Keystrokes? - VB6

Post by HansV »

Error 70 is "Permission denied" - an unusual error for data entry...
Best wishes,
Hans

BigKev
StarLounger

Re: Different Keystrokes? - VB6

Post by BigKev »

HansV wrote:Error 70 is "Permission denied" - an unusual error for data entry...
I wonder if the value entered is used in a file name or path. The backslash then would potentially create a problem.