XML Word ribbon possible to filter by Building Block Categor

diana
3StarLounger

XML Word ribbon possible to filter by Building Block Categor

Post by diana »

In XML for Word addin ribbon is it possible to filter and display Building Block by Category with Previews

Not sure which forum to post this Word or VB.net

Menu 1 was created by someone thats now left the firm.
The goal was to easily categorise and display building blocks. The building blocks where created and defined by Gallery customTypes. eg

Menu 1
Sub-menu1 = Gallery defined as Custom AutoText
Sub-menu2 = Gallery defined as Custom Tables
Sub-menu3 = Gallery defined as Custom Page Numbers
Sub-menu4 = Gallery defined as Custom Table of Contents

I need to create a new Menu 2 and organised by Categories eg

Menu 2
Sub-menu1 = Category1 = BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Tables
            [/tab][/tab] BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Headers
            [/tab][/tab] BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Footers

Sub-menu1 = Category2 = BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Tables
            [/tab][/tab] BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Headers
            [/tab][/tab] BuildingBlockTypes is Custom Footers

I need to add new building blocks. The building blocks are a specific category for example ‘Department’ however made up of different BuildingBlockTypes. eg the building blocks Gallery needs to be defined as Custom Table. The result is: the new building block is now picked up and displays in location

Menu 1
Sub-menu2 = Gallery defined as Custom Tables

Whats the best way for me to achieve this? :scratch:
I can redefine Menu1 building blocks Gallery
I would prefer using the XML with previews.
Otherwise the alternative is to code to display a control menu and insert building blocks. With this method I lose the preview & the Preview is great for end users. see screen capture

Code: Select all

<group idQ="CustomRibbon:CustomWordGroupBB" label="Custom building blocks">

<box visible="true" idQ="CustomRibbon:CustomWordGroupBB1" boxStyle="vertical">
          <box visible="true" idQ="CustomRibbon:CustomWordGroupBB1a" boxStyle="horizontal">
                       <button idQ="CustomRibbon:CustomWordTableOfContents" imageMso ="TableOfContentsGallery" tag ="ContentPage" label="&TOC" onAction="OnActionCustomWordTableOfContents" screentip ="Table of Contents" supertip ="Table of Contents" />
            <menu idQ="CustomRibbon:CustomWordVisualTool" label="Visual Tools" imageMso="IndexInsert" screentip="Visual Tools" supertip="Insert tables, lists, timelines and charts in Custom styles">
              <gallery imageMso="AppointmentColor5" idMso="CustomTablesGallery" label="Tables – orange header" />
              <gallery imageMso="AppointmentColor10" idMso="CustomQuickPartsGallery" label="Tables – yellow header" />
              <gallery imageMso="FilePrepareMenu" idMso="CustomAutoTextGallery" label="Lists" />
              <gallery imageMso="SmartArtRightToLeft" idMso="CustomTableOfContentsGallery" label="Timelines" />
              <gallery imageMso="SmartArtOrganizationChartStandard" idMso="CustomPageNumberGallery" label="Charts" />
            </menu>
          </box>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: XML Word ribbon possible to filter by Building Block Cat

Post by HansV »

I'm afraid most of us have little or no experience with RibbonX. Sorry!
Best wishes,
Hans

diana
3StarLounger

Re: XML Word ribbon possible to filter by Building Block Cat

Post by diana »

okie dokie... i might try another forum :flee:

thanks again Hans :)