Rookie Needs Help

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Rookie Needs Help

Post by Bigaldoc »

I'm gonna do something I've never done before in all my years of lounging - ask for help with a "database" problem.

Some of you may remember that I use an old and now unsupported program called Smiley Pad. I'm trying to make some changes to the way the program finds smilies on my web domain and the program isn't cooperating.

I've taken its database file (smileypad.mdb) and opened it with a utility called Access Data Base Viewer. When there I copied the records in a table called SMILEYS and pasted them into a spreadsheet, which I do know how to manipulate. I changed a URL in 998 records and now I would like to replace the SMILEYS table in the database with the amended records which are now in the XLS spreadsheet I've created.

Would anyone be willing to volunteer to help me, please? I'm attaching a Zip with both the MDB and XLS files just in case. If someone will try it, you are absolved of any responsibility and I will do it (my test) in a test base from which I can recover if this doesn't work. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Re: Rookie Needs Help

Post by HansV »

Here you go, Al.
smileypad.zip
Please check the result carefully.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best wishes,
Hans

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

Thank you kindly, Hans. Let me take a look.

As I said, when I test, I'll do it with a backup available in case this doesn't work.

Bigaldoc
PlatinumLounger

Post by Bigaldoc »

From my look so far, it's working LIKE A CHARM and has done exactly what I was trying to do!

Thank you again, Hans! Can you believe what these 8+ years of "friendship" and support have yielded. Can't begin to repay you for that bit of work on your part! :chocciebar: :chocciebar: :chocciebar:

Testing SmileyPad now:     Image    Image    Image