Odd characters appear in report (Access 2007)

Caesar3
Lounger

Odd characters appear in report (Access 2007)

Post by Caesar3 »

I've built a database that's linked to a list in SharePoint. In the database, I have a report that displays the contents of the list. (The report pulls its data through a select query.) In this report, a single record displays some odd characters in a memo field. I modified (that is, added to) the text in this record this morning. Since then, the characters "<div>" appear at the beginning and end of the text; the characters "&nbsp;" appear at the beginning of what I added.

For what it's worth, I added text to this record directly in the database table using Shift + F2. Then I pressed Shift + Enter to insert a carriage return. I also placed quotation marks around one word, but I went back and removed the quotes after I saw what they caused. That odd text went away when I removed the quotation marks, but I'm still stuck with the text I described above, even after I removed the carriage return.

What's going on, and how can I control this behavior?

HansV
Administrator

Re: Odd characters appear in report (Access 2007)

Post by HansV »

It looks like the text box displays HTML source code. What happens if you set the Text Format property of the text box (in the Data tab of the Property Sheet) to Rich Text instead of Plain Text?
Best wishes,
Hans

Caesar3
Lounger

Re: Odd characters appear in report (Access 2007)

Post by Caesar3 »

That fixed the problem. Thank you, Hans!