Report not adding time

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Report not adding time

Post by Leesha »

Hi,

I'm attaching a stripped down version of a database that contains a report that needs to add the time for different activities. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong to get the error messages.

Thanks,
Leesha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pat
5StarLounger

Re: Report not adding time

Post by Pat »

I have been mucking around and found that the addition of all times using NZ screws it up.
I think it's because you are adding times up, and i thgink you should convert time to minutes, add that, then convert back to hours and minutes.
That doesn't explain the few that are ok though.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

In the query qryTimeSheetInitialQuery, the Totaltime field is not a time, but a text string because you use the Format function. You should not use the Format function there, but set the Format property of the column to a time format.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Thanks! That did it!!

Pat
5StarLounger

Post by Pat »

HansV wrote:In the query qryTimeSheetInitialQuery, the Totaltime field is not a time, but a text string because you use the Format function. You should not use the Format function there, but set the Format property of the column to a time format.
I don't know if i should start a new thread but it relates to Leeshas database i donloaded.

Thanks for correction above, I was on the wrong track there.

I have a problem, check out the jpg, it shows the word "Test" in TimeSheetComments in query qrytimeSheetInitialQuery but in query qryTimeSheetCrosstab is shows chinese characters.
This is a memo field.

I first noticed this problem when i inherited a database developed by a chinese guy and it showed similar problems.

Is this some kind of parameter held in rhe Registry or something or am i just going looney?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

The TimeSheetComments column displays Japanese (not Chinese) characters as soon as you group by this field. This is a known problem - see Contents of the Memo field may appear as control characters when you use the GROUP BY clause on the Memo field in a query in Microsoft Access. It has apparently existed since Access 2000 :crazy:
As a workaround, change Group By to First in the Totals row.
Best wishes,
Hans

Pat
5StarLounger

Post by Pat »

Thank you Hans. And thanks for the invite to this forum.

HansV
Administrator

Post by HansV »

Pat wrote:And thanks for the invite to this forum.
You're welcome, Pat. It's good to have you here.
Best wishes,
Hans

Leesha
BronzeLounger

Post by Leesha »

Hi Pat,

The tables in this database are sql 2005 tables. I imported them to upload them for help. The comment section is fine in the original database. I figured it had something to do with the nvarchar(500) format in sql being converted to a memo field in Access.

Leesha